Why is ebay still double charging buyers

For a while now ebay is first putting an authorisation only on buyer bank accounts, then the money is debited from our accounts, then we have to wait 7-10 days until the authorisation is removed. So we are effectively charged twice. This is actually fraudulent and no other company would get away with this practice. Yes, there has been a major change in the accounting system, but they have been advised that they are doing this. Their reply: "Yes, some customers are being charged twice". They don't appear to have any intention of fixing the problem. This impacts on sellers too because banks are advising not to buy from ebay. Does anyone know how to help ebay to sort themselves out, please? It used to be a good place for buyers and sellers - it certainly isn't now

View Entire Topic
zen3849
Community Member

You are a humdred percent correct with this. It is ebay charging twice. I have been charged for 3 individual items in an order. The an authorisation for the total amount of those 3 items. As a result one of my direct debit payments was declined. Ebay is behaving unethically and I believe would have to be illegal. No joy from ebay help, service agents just dismiss issue and reply that you will be reimbursed in 5 - 30 days time. Not good enough.