Seller lying on item description. I don't want refund or return, I want the listing to not mislead

I recently bought a small, not very expensive item on ebay.

The item description said it was rosewood. The item when it arrived was pine, dyed dark brown.

I left negative feedback, stating why. The seller offered a refund if I changed the feedback to positive! I declined, and the item is still on sale as 'rosewood'.

I don't want refund or return, I want the seller to alter the fradulent listing. However in ebay's multiple drop down menus in the complaints section I can't find anything that covers this.

Advice?

View Entire Topic

If the seller misrepresented the item then they deserve negative feedback.

You can get a refund without changing the feedback by making an item not as described claim through Ebay.

Refunds are not conditional on the type of feedback left and it is against Ebay policy to offer an inducement to change feedback.

The seller in queston has a lot of negative and neutral feedback apart from yours so you leaving a negative is not going to make much difference to them.

Always check a sellers feedback before you buy!.

You cannot dictate how the seller presents an item but you can make the type of claim I previously mentioned if the item is misrepresented and that will affect them more than a negative feedback will.