A seller just lost more than $5000 in sales for using private and blocking tools...

I was recently blocked for no legitimate reason.  What happened was I had last week installed Norton Anti-Track app on my PC and was not aware that following my first bid a message was sent from Seller to me to verify that I was legitimate buyer as I apparently have low score (which I disagree as I have Turquoise star for Feedback score from 100 to 499 100% - member since 2000 - 20+ years and never ever blocked).  Anyhow, I responded about 1/2 to maybe an hour after auction finished only when I discovered this message because my next bid stated I was restricted and to contact seller. Well I did but he has never looked at my polite responses - never rude. In fact pleaded my case. Ebay apparently do something as well but my software blocked their attempts as spam! So they obviously concluded I was a risk.  What a load of Bull Dust!!!!   I am one of the BEST buyers you could ever hop for.  

I am just annoyed that you are never given the opportunity to plead your case and prove who you really are.  I sent 6-8 messages to seller with zero response.  I aven sent a copy as attachment photo of my business registration with ASIC to prove who I am.  Nothing. 

Very unhappy with this Seller that he does not check out or respond to top eBay buyers.

Thanks for letting me vent - I feel better now!

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: A seller just lost more than $5000 in sales for using...

Well just yo put you in your place.  I have 100% rating as great buyer as justified by my comments of 29 purchases within the last month (1 purchase per day avg) for $thousands without any concern.  You really do not know what you are talking about either.  For your limited information, a top buyer is not rated by the years or time as a member; rather, by the percentage of positive feedback. Any business owner would consider a buyer who pays fairly for their product and good customer.  Just because I have chosen not to shop on eBay for some time is NOT a reason to Ignore a customer. What sort of seller are you if this is your practice. I agree many bad buyers out their but a Seller should not simply IGNORE good customers. 

Message 11 of 35
Latest reply

I have 100% rating as great buyer....

FYI -

A buyer can only get positives, so you will always be at 100%

Feedback of 371 for 21 years of membership is not all that great.

Message 12 of 35
Latest reply

You are aware buyers can ONLY be given positive , as are 99% of people reading here

Get your facts right

100% as a buyer means exactly 0 , that is the only % you can have

Like every other single buyer

Message 13 of 35
Latest reply

Cheers.  You are probably one of only a few that have understood exactly what occurred.  Yes, I also think that as they blocked my biiding this also blocks my future messages and they never get to see my future nicely worded and apologetic messages.  With that said. I have had two other people successfully place bids on my behalf.  The first got the restricted message and sent this seller a request and then permitted to bid. They did this but could not increase their bid at any time before the end of the auction as still came up restricted and the seller did not respond to their second request 1 day prior to the auction ending.  Why? I don't know.  They were outbid by $15 in total.  Everything had been done properly by this bidder yet the seller never responded to any further request to bid on other items - very strange - again why block this bidder? No reason.  I then got another bidder from a different town and state - totally unrelated in any way to me to place a bid on my behalf. This bidder has more than 1600 positive purchase feedback over past 6 months.  Again, they where restricted initially and then sent message and ok to bid .  They bid several hundred dollars on an item and led the auction for more than 4 days till outbid. They went to increase their bid and received restricted message again. Send message to seller and AGAIN NO RESPONSE - Although this seller has about 100 positive feedback (100%) something tells me they do not know what they are doing. I also see quite a number of exactly the same items being relisted again despite this apparently ball being no reserve 99 cent auctions.  Something spooky about the seller not the buyers in this case.  The item ended up being sold - apparently? Time will tell if relisted again.  This buyer is going to attempt another bid on another item with a winning opening bid.  I don't care if I pay excessive for one item - I just want to see how legitimate this seller actually is.  

Message 14 of 35
Latest reply

You are again wrong peddles.  I did not bid $5000.  That is the amount I have to spend on such items now.  I have therefore started spending my dollars elsewhere on ebay. The seller is not even aware of this amount I wish to spend.  Cheers.

Message 15 of 35
Latest reply

Did not even get opportunity to bid on any item.  But my other reply to you will explain this.  SandyPebbles only has part of the story and assumptions are incorrect and nonfactual. 

Message 16 of 35
Latest reply

What about 29 within last month?

Message 17 of 35
Latest reply

Thanks.  I off to purchase other stuff.  Have a nice day. 

Message 18 of 35
Latest reply

But still only 51 for the last 12 months.

And stop saying '100% positive purchases'.

A BUYER CAN'T GET A NEGATIVE - ONLY POSITIVE

Message 19 of 35
Latest reply

Stawks…. You know what they say about a fool and his money! 😉

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 20 of 35
Latest reply