A seller just lost more than $5000 in sales for using private and blocking tools...

I was recently blocked for no legitimate reason.  What happened was I had last week installed Norton Anti-Track app on my PC and was not aware that following my first bid a message was sent from Seller to me to verify that I was legitimate buyer as I apparently have low score (which I disagree as I have Turquoise star for Feedback score from 100 to 499 100% - member since 2000 - 20+ years and never ever blocked).  Anyhow, I responded about 1/2 to maybe an hour after auction finished only when I discovered this message because my next bid stated I was restricted and to contact seller. Well I did but he has never looked at my polite responses - never rude. In fact pleaded my case. Ebay apparently do something as well but my software blocked their attempts as spam! So they obviously concluded I was a risk.  What a load of Bull Dust!!!!   I am one of the BEST buyers you could ever hop for.  

I am just annoyed that you are never given the opportunity to plead your case and prove who you really are.  I sent 6-8 messages to seller with zero response.  I aven sent a copy as attachment photo of my business registration with ASIC to prove who I am.  Nothing. 

Very unhappy with this Seller that he does not check out or respond to top eBay buyers.

Thanks for letting me vent - I feel better now!

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: A seller just lost more than $5000 in sales for using private and blocking tools...

Nooooooooooooo, not the red button. DO NOT hit the red button! Seriously, don't do it. Guaranteed to end badly. Not only will you blow up the chook house, you may cause the TL;DR posters to post insanely long posts again, without actually getting to the point.

Message 31 of 35
Latest reply

Re: A seller just lost more than $5000 in sales for using private and blocking tools...

gutterpunkz05_1-1642944992208.jpeg

Message 32 of 35
Latest reply

I must have missed something...

At this point, I think I've swallowed a yellow pill. I haven't woken up in my bed to believe whatever I want to believe, but I haven't been shown how deep the rabbit hole goes, either. Mind you, what does the... green button (green pill?) do...?

Message 33 of 35
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

Mind you, what does the... green button (green pill?) do...?

Turns RED when you press if Countess - so the problem remains, albeit in an escalated position.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 34 of 35
Latest reply

Yeah, but yeah nah

Buyers only get to have green buttons

Because all buyers are top buyers 

Message 35 of 35
Latest reply