AFTERPAY10 Not being Applied sort of Scam.

aga036
Community Member

I attempted to apply AFTERPAY10 on checkout but received message 

code is not applied "as I have used this Voucher before on a transaction."

I then read conditions for this voucher which were a bit convoluted.

Condition #3. seems to imply it's possible to use the code more than once. Further reading to condition#5. then states otherwise.  link below

Why cant eBay apply a notice before pressing buy that this offer can only be used once during the offer period.

I could have searched further to purchase from another seller for 10% less without this AFTERPAY10 offer that only works once.

It's a pain to contact seller that you do not wish to proceed.

Com'mon eBay. Do the right thing have a notice of condition of voucher  before pressing buy. 

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/afterpay10

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: AFTERPAY10 Not being Applied sort of Scam.

Today when I clicked into ebay, I saw this.

ebay ad 28 11 21.PNG

I never usually take much notice of the ads, just hasten through to wherever I am aiming to go, whether that's the My ebay section oir the boards etc, but because of this thread, I did take a moment to glance at the gift card info.

I don't know if it has been like that just recently, for this Black Friday ad or whether other offers in the past have also been like this, but it does say * 1 GC pp. My first thought was:  Maybe they have been secretly reading the boards.😄  But somehow I don't think so.

If ebay could add that bit to every promotional ad or message sent to people, then that should cover it.

Message 31 of 34
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

My first thought was:  Maybe they have been secretly reading the boards.😄  But somehow I don't think so.

If ebay could add that bit to every promotional ad or message sent to people, then that should cover it.

Yep, I thought exactly the same when I saw it... 🤓

Message 32 of 34
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

I suppose they could also  offer english classes.

Possibly, or write to their audience - I'm sure there are plenty of people not blessed with a good education and excellent comprehension skills, or for whom English isn't their first language

Message 33 of 34
Latest reply

just adding my experience here, used the voucher, got an email later from Ebay 'Sorry, your recent payment for the item(s) below did not go through. Please return to eBay to send your payment again. '

no reason given, contacted Afterpay cs who were completely useless and didn't seem to understand what i was saying even when i explained it twice.  Ebay could not tell me why it was rejected either.

So i would steer clear of Afterpay, if their cs is that bad i hate to think what its like if something bad went wrong like being overcharged etc.

Message 34 of 34
Latest reply