Absolutely no response from seller after payment, no tracking number, not mark posted.

donut1.6
Community Member

I bought an arcade stick from a seller based in Melbourne on Monday and paid the same day, I expected the item to be shipped out on Tuesday, but it wasn't, so I send out an email on Tuesday night, again yesterday, no response or anything.

What should I do? How long should I wait before opening a case? And do I go through eBay money back guarantee or go through Paypal like before? What is the difference?

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Re: Absolutely no response from seller after payment, no tracking number, not mark posted.

no doubt some lurker has notified the seller of the existence of this thread, which may work against the OP.

Message 81 of 152
Latest reply

Re: Absolutely no response from seller after payment, no tracking number, not mark posted.

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

no doubt some lurker has notified the seller of the existence of this thread, which may work against the OP.

If the OP is a good, honest citizen, they shouldn't have anything to worry about. 😉

Message 82 of 152
Latest reply

@investmenttechnology wrote:
Well it wobbles, imaging your laptop or keyboard wobbles around as you type. So obviously it bothers me. It can not be fixed because unlike other sticks, Atrox does not use any rubber feet, it's just one big plastic with rubber coating, so it's prone to bending, and if it bends out in the middle like mine, it wobbles.

If I install feet, it would mean I'll have to drill four holes. Which will ruin any warranty.

no need to drill or damage the item to stop your joystick from the wobbles . . . . . just use this stuff . . . . . .

blu tack.JPG

. . . . . and the best thing is that it will let you play with your big plastic joystick with rubber coating and wobble it around all over the place while you play with yourself for hours and it will not budge or leave stains on the table. Does changing hands make it bend the other way?   I hear that gamers often stain the table after playing with their joystick! Just shoot me!

Message 83 of 152
Latest reply

Ya killin' me slr   -             Mah belly hurts

Message 84 of 152
Latest reply

Wow, Digital ghost, i did not know dispute could be changed, my apologies.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 85 of 152
Latest reply

Oh Yes............................classic slr in hyper-mode................ROLMFO again................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 86 of 152
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

If the OP is a good, honest citizen, they shouldn't have anything to worry about. 😉

This account id looks familiar or has a similar name that someone here had a problem with.hmm i shall try my memory on that one.

The OP hasn't used this ID for a year after a couple of negs & problems,so it probably is looking better than the whatever other id they have been using for a while.

2 low $ buy & 2 $150+ in the last month after the account being inactive & a problem already may be a bit of a worry.I never find "honest seller" in fb left to be a comfort.It may indicate there was a problem & the seller refunded + free product,to avoid a neg & a case being opened.

If i sold anything now & with the attitude earlier,i would be adding this one to a list & donating the OP a pack of blue tak.

Message 87 of 152
Latest reply

@2011.narelle wrote:

@digital*ghost wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

This account id looks familiar or has a similar name that someone here had a problem with.hmm i shall try my memory on that one.

The OP hasn't used this ID for a year after a couple of negs & problems,so it probably is looking better than the whatever other id they have been using for a while.

2 low $ buy & 2 $150+ in the last month after the account being inactive & a problem already may be a bit of a worry.I never find "honest seller" in fb left to be a comfort.It may indicate there was a problem & the seller refunded + free product,to avoid a neg & a case being opened.

If i sold anything now & with the attitude earlier,i would be adding this one to a list & donating the OP a pack of blue tak.

With all due respect (and believe me when I say there's plenty due 😛 ), if I levied that kind of scrutiny and analysis on every buyer who purchased from me, I'd be too scared to sell here at all. I have several "honest seller" comments in my feedback, usually after I've royally stuffed up, was up-front about it, and provided appropriate options / compensation to the buyer. I would hate for others to doubt the integrity of my buyers just because they complimented mine and didn't happen to buy all that often. Just about anything can be construed in a suspicious way, I suppose. 

I'm not defending anyone here, as it happens - I've made my opinion clear about the OPs actions re: opening the dispute. I don't know if the seller needs (further) defending against the buyer as some are intimating, if the buyer needs defending against the seller (for all I know, the buyer is trying to pull a swifty and that's why they were seeking advice on how to handle a dispute and were so quick to open one, or maybe the seller knew their item was faulty and that's why it wasn't sent immediately, maybe they were waiting on new stock due to arrive, but when the dispute was opened, they figured they had no choice, their own feedback isn't exactly stellar - all of this is called speculation, though, and fraught with the same kinds of problems as the assumptions the OP made - they might seem plausible or make sense, or even fit with what little there is to see, but that doesn't automatically make it true), so I dunno who's doing what (if anything) to who, etc etc etc, which means I refer back to what I said earlier - I can only base my advice on what I do know, so the majority of my subsequent posts have been just the facts, which I hoped were issued in a way that would not compromise either the buyer's position or the seller's, should either one not be entirely on the level. 

Message 88 of 152
Latest reply

My reply to your post was more to the fact that i was late to read this topic & it was the last that did not reply to the funny one about Blu Tack.

My comment about "honest seller" was more in terms of those with negative buying history.In itself & as you said,it usually just means that the seller may have made a mistake & fixed it.

My posting style or lack thereof is more towards bluntness & brevity,as some may have gathered Smiley Surprised While i have no wish to offend regular posters,buyers with angry posts about trivial matters especially ones with a hair trigger on the neg gun or even those who i may think are trying one on & seeing what the response will be-i apologize for nothing.(well except for the 2 occasions where i was just playing & accidentally offended someone & did apologized profusely & sincerely).

My premise that the OP may have more than 1 id was based on my view of buying behaviour with those who have problem transactions.Supported with the flimsy idea also based on posters with say 20 negs who post back accidentally with other id's with also 20+ negs & neutrals.Ok i've only seen that on 3-4 occasions but the point stands that buyers with negative experiences may have their own agenda

Whatever.This buyer had not 1 but 2 problems with this transaction.The board is an unapid service due to eBay being stingy & terrible customer service,so i respect all opinions & responses to buyer complaints.Especially those different to my own.

Message 89 of 152
Latest reply

@2011.narelle wrote:

My posting style or lack thereof is more towards bluntness & brevity,as some may have gathered Smiley Surprised While i have no wish to offend regular posters,buyers with angry posts about trivial matters especially ones with a hair trigger on the neg gun or even those who i may think are trying one on & seeing what the response will be-i apologize for nothing.(well except for the 2 occasions where i was just playing & accidentally offended someone & did apologized profusely & sincerely).

Just in case it needs to be said - I wasn't offended, and I wasn't seeking any kind of defense or apology of/for your post, I was clarifying my own position, since many of the posts in this thread (including some of my own) are decidely against the buyer and / or their actions, or making fun of them, which is likely to exacerbate the situation, not help it (and that includes the seller's situation).

Message 90 of 152
Latest reply