Absolutely no response from seller after payment, no tracking number, not mark posted.

donut1.6
Community Member

I bought an arcade stick from a seller based in Melbourne on Monday and paid the same day, I expected the item to be shipped out on Tuesday, but it wasn't, so I send out an email on Tuesday night, again yesterday, no response or anything.

What should I do? How long should I wait before opening a case? And do I go through eBay money back guarantee or go through Paypal like before? What is the difference?

Message 1 of 152
Latest reply
151 REPLIES 151

Re: Absolutely no response from seller after payment, no tracking number, not mark posted.

@2011.narelle wrote:

My premise that the OP may have more than 1 id was based on my view of buying behaviour with those who have problem transactions.Supported with the flimsy idea also based on posters with say 20 negs who post back accidentally with other id's with also 20+ negs & neutrals.Ok i've only seen that on 3-4 occasions but the point stands that buyers with negative experiences may have their own agenda

Whatever.This buyer had not 1 but 2 problems with this transaction.The board is an unapid service due to eBay being stingy & terrible customer service,so i respect all opinions & responses to buyer complaints.Especially those different to my own.

Narelle, you are not alone in the thought that the OP has at least one other ID.   I have thought that since very early in this thread.

Message 91 of 152
Latest reply

Re: Absolutely no response from seller after payment, no tracking number, not mark posted.

No offense intended but does it not hurt you to say what you think sometimes?Yes i am aware of the use of "with all due respect"...insert offensive comment,or "no offense intended", also followed by the most offensive statement.Not lost on me,i just used more words than usual.

Do you feel trapped by your logical persona?

I do love your logical persona & it is nice to see that you are in the most basic ways human & fallible to likes & dislikes.

Your advice on how to deal with a difficult buyer is gold.I have taken it,used it & thanked you for it publically in the past.

I deal with customer service every day yet it is much more difficult by way of msg system & the use of emoticoms simultaneously  eludes & annoys me.

I admire posters who are subtle & unemotional,logic is what i prefer.Which is why i usually read all your posts,no matter how wordy & roundabout they may be.

P.S i love lyndal more as a balanced & truthful poster lol no offense intended

Message 92 of 152
Latest reply

@2011.narelle wrote:

No offense intended but does it not hurt you to say what you think sometimes?Yes i am aware of the use of "with all due respect"...insert offensive comment,or "no offense intended", also followed by the most offensive statement.Not lost on me,i just used more words than usual.

Do you feel trapped by your logical persona?

These sentences only tell me that I didn't convey what I meant successfully.

I use "with all due respect" to tell someone that I like and respect them, and while I am about to disagree with something they've said, it doesn't in any way mean I dislike or disrespect them, as some people seem to take disagreement in that way. I tried to reaffirm that by stating explicitly in brackets with the smiley face critter.

Everyone took issue with the buyer's assumption about the seller based on circumstantial evidence, I din't think it was going to be that big a deal to say, essentially, there's problems with doing the same thing to the buyer. 

As to your last question.

No.

Message 93 of 152
Latest reply

Smiley tongue after with all due respect?

Whatever,i don't care for likes or dislikes,i respect your opinion in general.

On above,i will call bs on you regardless.

Does it not pain you to directly answer the question of an OP with a dubious buying hisory?

Not on topic but a general question that  will call you on...

What does the real you say?

In under 500 words please...

Keep in mind that eBay is not paying you for a reply & it is not your customer.

Message 94 of 152
Latest reply

If you are not going to believe me when I reply simply and honestly, why should I continue to reply?

I repeat, I meant no disrespect or offense at all, you've obviously interpreted it as otherwise, and don't believe me when I tell you how I meant it, so I really don't feel any incentive whatsover to continue answering your "call out", as you put it. 

I am going to PM you something that I wrote before your previous post, and was in the process of sending you until I decided to check the thread. 

Think of it what you will - I don't care anymore. 

Message 95 of 152
Latest reply

The only reason why I used this account to buy is because there is a 10% off redemption code that I got from eBay for reasons I do not know. 

Anyways seller is not respond to my message about the wobbling issue.

Message 96 of 152
Latest reply

Have you tken into account that the seller may not be at their computer 24/7.  Some of them have day jobs and only access ebay at night

Ebay does recommend to allow up to 48 hours to receive a reply from your trading partner, depending where they are situated.

Message 97 of 152
Latest reply

They should install eBay app, receives messages instantly.
Message 98 of 152
Latest reply

Believe it or not but some of us only access ebay on laptops or PCs.....none of these fancy iphones or tablets.

Message 99 of 152
Latest reply

That would be unbelievable. If you're one of the 2% that still don't have a smartphone in 2015, you shouldn't be doing business on the internet.
Message 100 of 152
Latest reply