Abusive seller.

Worst nightmare , seller advertized and sold small tube like green glass perfume bottle as uranium glass and stated on her site that it glows ...but it does not react to ultra violet light and accordingly was returned to seller and a full refund obtained after raising issue with Ebay, I have transcripts of Ebay's chats stating that abuse from seller was not tolerated etc. ...........Firstly I offered to buy the non uranium item for a lesser cost to avoid extra postage costs leaving final decision to seller   who replied " I hate selling to cheapskates like you, and your threatening negative FB means nothing to me, your a disgusting human being ..."......I posted a negative feedback  regarding false advertizing and the abuse and slander and that seller still claimed that item was uranium glass...and have asked her to send or post a photo of item being lit up by ultra violet light...

her response was   " You have been reported to Ebay for your blackmail threats, they have also removed the fraudulent negative feedback you left me, you are a disgusting dog ".....Ebay has now accused me of extortion... no evidence...seller never had to provide proof of item being Uranium glass but keeps sending emails...latest being " I will be relisting that uranium glass today and naming you as the fraud who returned it after trying to extort/blackmail me , I hope you rot in hell you disgusting excuse of a human being .."

The worst thing is that the item has been listed again  eBay item number  with no proof photo of it being uranium glass  with my name and stating that I am a fraud etc.... !!!! 

Apart from going to the police, is there any action I can take to get my name and slander off her listing ??? Ebay has closed the case and I can not reopen it...

Message 1 of 104
Latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

Re: Abusive seller.

So many reports - so wrong - and it's still there.

Message 31 of 104
Latest reply

total BS....what can we divulge from this?

Message 32 of 104
Latest reply

Thank you padi.

That info has been removed from the original post.

I thought putting a listing number was okay, but is that now a no no on the forum?

Your link opened it. I was able to report the listing.

Apparently they can either warn a seller, remove the ad or restrict the seller's buying and selling activities on ebay, depending on the circumstances. So the spiel said at the end after I reported it.

I still can't figure out why the seller did all this. It isn't as if it will 'help' other sellers as he claims. And it would be a turn off to some buyers, surely. Although it has bids, so maybe I am wrong or else they just want the item enough to ignore the rest of it.

Message 33 of 104
Latest reply

I think you need to forget about the bottle and the potential buyers and just concentrate on having your named removed.

BTW your name and address is still showing on the listing.

Message 34 of 104
Latest reply

@guntis21 wrote:

Her item does not light up under UV light , that is why I  returned  it, so she cannot post pic showing it is uranium glass, I am curious why Ebay or bidders do not ask her to post relevant photo.???

At a guess, because they believe her. She says in the ad that 2 collectors have confirmed it is uranium glass and the bit she concentrated on when describing you was to say you were trying to extort money from her. So buyers see that aspect more than the one about how genuine the glass is.

Coupled with her high number of sales, her 100% feedback rating and her perfect seller rating, they are giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Lots of people on ebay take ads on face value & there may be some who are bidding sumply because it is a vintage item. 

Why a seller with such a good record would suddenly go haywire like this, I have no idea.

Don't worry about it though, just concentrate on getting your details out of her ad.

The last laugh may be on her as she may end up getting her ad pulled, when it has quite a few bidders.

Message 35 of 104
Latest reply

If they (eBay) don't pull the ad, it will be up to the next buyer to put it under a light.....but eBay needs to get rid of the abusive response.....and are they?? 

WT? How is this able to stand?? 

I will never forget this......

Message 36 of 104
Latest reply

eBay should be on this urgently. It’s doxxing.

Message 37 of 104
Latest reply

I've reported it again with a link to this thread.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 38 of 104
Latest reply

Springyzone is right, too, in stressing that the only thing that matters now is having the OP’s details removed; OP has an explicit right to privacy and anonymity on eBay.

Is it uranium glass, is it not… separate and very much a secondary issue. 

Message 39 of 104
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

@domino-710 wrote:

Look again Springy - the seller has not only mentioned his real name - but his town & State.

I tried looking this morning and it showed up as no listing. Obviously my computer, I don't know why. It can't have been an error as I did a cut and paste.

Putting a person's real name is definitely a no-no. I would be sure ebay would remove that listing, surely?

I went to look at the listing after I made the post acttually and just assumed it had been pulled.

Hi springy, the original item number provided by the OP was wrong, had to find it by search.

Message 40 of 104
Latest reply