Australia Post delivery delays

jbow3515
Community Member

I am presently experiencing an extended delay whereby Australia Post (AP) has held my parcel for 9 days at their Sydney airport depot.  This is an entirely unacceptable waiting period and I suggest that it is time that eBay Australia used their significant corporate size and influence to persuade AP to devote more resources to timely parcel delivery.

I am unwilling to make any further purchases from eBay sellers until delivery times are reduced to a more acceptable time frame.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Good luck with that

What was eBay's response when you put this to them?

You would be more than well aware of these delays before you bought, there are announcements about them everywhere you look and similar delays have been widely advised on the AP website, in newspapers and here on the forum

Good to hear you intend to 'punish' sellers though for things they have no control of

And neither is it an 'eBay' problem (despite the amusing way you try to put the onus on them)

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

You will soon learn that ebay has no influence on Australia Post delivery times.....and neither do they care if you continue to buy or not....if they even know.

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

One word reply - PANDEMIC

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

@sandypebbles

Oh dear, I knew there would be one critic who would respond in the way you have. You have missed my point entirely and that is, eBay needs to do more to support both their sellers and buyers by using their corporate influence to lobby politicians and AP to lift its game.

And no, I WAS NOT expecting to wait for weeks to get my purchase delivered - FYI it is a present for a close family member and her birthday will, in all likelihood pass before I can give her my gift. The seller advertised a much shorter delivery time frame and I took them at their word.

Lastly, sellers can use commercial couriers if they choose and my experience of these is a generally quicker delivery period and they keep me in the loop with email updates while waiting.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Then tell eBay

The seller has zero control ,just as you do

And I suggest you tell the seller before buying you want them to use a commercial courier

Why were you not expecting to wait for weeks?, that somehow you should be excluded from the delays many thousands of people are experiencing ? or all the advice given about such delays were not true?

I did not miss your point, you want it all about you and what you want and want to insist others bow down and do as you demand, be it AP, or sellers or eBay

As I said, contact eBay and tell them 

FYI the 'estimated delivery date is inserted by eBay, based on best case guesses given to them by Australia Post

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Well as you appear to have never purchased anything from eBay Australia.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Welcome to the real world and the NEW normal.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Not for me daydreams, I was serious when I stated at the outset of this topic that I will not make any further purchases while the delivery status quo persists.

There are other options to purchase cheaper products locally and also being able to discuss any concerns with sellers directly. My recent experiences with eBay Oz have included Chinese sellers disguising the location of their products and thus resulting in delivery delays. And now Australia Post who although making a growing profit, are unwilling to increase resources to guarantee timely delivery within Australian capital cities. Heaven help country people.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Good luck.

Why do you think sellers with less supposed clout than eBay are going to be able to get AP to prioritise you? And why do you think they should?

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply