Banned off paypal because of seller. Seller has item and money.

This is absolutely outrageous.

PayPal has banned me for no reason. I've been having issues with this seller for a while now as he has not given me a refund.

He advised me to send the item back to him, in which I did with a tracking number. He received it, but is refusing to give me a refund, and now I am banned off paypal because of this.

What on earth do I do? Do I contact the police? This is clearly fraudulent. I've never been this angered on the internet before.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Banned off paypal because of seller. Seller has item and money.

Your account is limited, not banned as such. Needs sorting out by phone as advised above.
Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

Or contact Financial Ombudsman to try and organise getting your money refunded to you. Very simple, just do it online.
Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

Would need to contact Paypal first and give them a chance to correct any errors they may have made before contacting Ombudsman.

"Before we can consider the dispute, your financial services provider must be given an opportunity to resolve the dispute with you directly. In most cases, the financial services provider has up to 45 days to respond to your complaint."

http://www.fos.org.au/resolving-disputes/before-you-lodge-a-dispute/
Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

I contacted an ombudsman.

I'm waiting for their reply. Hopefully I will get my money back. What he's done is a form of theft. Thanks for all the help everyone. Much appreciated.

Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

... and you didn't call PayPal because ...?
Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

I called paypal and they refused to re-open the dispute for unspecified reasons.

Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

rf
Community Member
But aren't you going to call PayPal to fix up the limitation that has been erraneously applied to your account?
Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

rf
Community Member
And leave negative for your seller (do not mention anything related to the PayPal dispute as the seller can request to get it removed)
Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

@send_me_it wrote:

I called paypal and they refused to re-open the dispute for unspecified reasons.

Paypal has refused to reopen the dispute because you account is restricted....you said so.

As it appears they have confused you with the seller it means that the seller's account is supposed to be restricted, not yours.

UNLESS you ring paypal about the RESTRICTION you will find that your account will be cancelled entirely and the ombudsman will have nothing to investigate.

Forget the refund....for now concentrate on getting the restriction lifted and your account in good standing.   If that does not sort out the refund situation then you can apply to the Ombudsman.

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

Paypal will still have a record of their account. It doesnt go down the gurgler and vanish forever. Much better to get an investigation underway with the ombudsman sharpish.
Message 20 of 30
Latest reply