Banned off paypal because of seller. Seller has item and money.

This is absolutely outrageous.

PayPal has banned me for no reason. I've been having issues with this seller for a while now as he has not given me a refund.

He advised me to send the item back to him, in which I did with a tracking number. He received it, but is refusing to give me a refund, and now I am banned off paypal because of this.

What on earth do I do? Do I contact the police? This is clearly fraudulent. I've never been this angered on the internet before.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Michelle, as has already been explained to you, the FOS won't do anything until the OP has resolved the situation regarding the incorrect application of the restriction to his account, and once that situation has been rectified to his satisfaction, it is to be expected that the ombudsman's services will no longer be required.
Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

Referring back to your earlier post saying that the seller claimed the item you returned wasn't in the same condition you received it.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Seller-refusing-to-give-refund/m-p/1476343#M44741

I think the message from Paypal is not referring to you as the seller but as the Paypal user who sent back the item which the actual seller has claimed is not in the same condition as when they sent it to you. Nowhere in the message from Paypal does it actually refer to you as the Seller - only as the user.

Paypal would not normally restrict an account for just one incident like this - I am just wondering if you have other instances of disputes with sellers would could have possibly flagged your account.

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

I was wondering the same after this happening.

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

I was wondering the same after this happening.

I can visibly see mention of 6 refunds or replacements in OP's feedback left for others-don't know if that would send a red flag to Paypal though as spread over 2 years.

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

I managed to get the account unblocked. Still no refund from that guy either.

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

Again, thanks for all the help everyone! I really appreciate it Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

Oh well at least your account is unblocked now.
Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

REMOVED done this. She should get the sack from PayPal.

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

@sna-4293 wrote:

Sandra Mariden done this. She should get the sack from PayPal.

WELL DONE, YOU'VE DRAGGED UP YET ANOTHER ANCIENT THREAD OVER 5 YEARS OLD.

AND NAMED AND SHAMED YET AGAIN.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

You claimed your issue had been resolved. Then you post yet another bump to a dead thread, naming another alleged eBay employee.

How would you know? eBay call centre staff only use first names, none of which are likely to be real. I suspect you are going through some list you found of eBay executives. None of who give a rats about your non-disclosed issue.

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply