Can seller change postage after final bid?

Hi, I have a question about postage, I bid on an item and won it and the postage was $13.00.

But later when I get the invoice, the postage is $17.40;  so I thought I must have made a mistake, so I checked the item again, it had calculated postage and it says $13.

I don't know what to do really, I have to pay, I don't want to be a non payer, but I don't want to pay any more than the original listing, even if it is only $4.

Why isn't the seller bound by the original listing?

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Can seller change postage after final bid?

It isn't a small amount in my opinion and a handling fee should be included in the cost for postage. You are not obliged to pay more than the stated cost. If you pay the amount in the listing and don't receive the item you can open a Paypal dispute to receive a refund and you won't be reported for not paying. It isn't an easy situation to deal with but it's wrong of him to not include the total cost.

TCT
Message 11 of 34
Latest reply

that's right it is standard postage only.

I have had a reply from the seller:

EBay shows postage only.
A small amount has been added for packing costs.

now I'm really unhappy, if I don't pay, he wont send, and I really wanted them

WTF?? Seller should have added that in their postage costs.

I would pay the ORIGINAL invoice that should have only the $13 on it & if you don't receive in a week or so,open a Paypal dispute & escalate to claim.

If seller refunds I'd leave immediate neg.

I would also neg the heck out of them anyway-what a jerk.

And don't agree to a Mutual Cancellation.

So what if its only $4-seller is STILL breaching ebay policy AND being a jerk.

Message 12 of 34
Latest reply

I would not be paying it. That should have been added to the listing.

When you select calculated postage the seller is able to add handling fees of their choice so it is included in the item listing. Not after the listing has ended.

Message 13 of 34
Latest reply

Let me guess-this is the listing?

TWELVE Collectible Kid's Books - Budge & Betty, Ginger Meggs, Uncle Remus

Message 14 of 34
Latest reply

Let me guess-this is the listing?

TWELVE Collectible Kid's Books - Budge & Betty, Ginger Meggs, Uncle Remus

Does that one show a postage amount for you foxy? It just says "price varies on location" to me

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 15 of 34
Latest reply

I don't know how you do that, you're so clever fox!:-)

if you click on postage details, it will show you the actual postage, 4570 for me.

Message 16 of 34
Latest reply

boggo58
Community Member

Even if it says varies on location and you live on the moon, they cant just 'Tack' on a bit more for handling, when there was a quoted price for postage, it should have been stated on the listing.

Why not Tack on a bit more to final price, its no different.

Take him to the cleaners, or pay for the whole god dam item then put in a negative feedback. I bet he's done it before.

Message 17 of 34
Latest reply

and I don't really know how to pay without paying on the invoice, I haven't done that before.     I presume you go into paypal and use the send money feature, but is that covered by paypal?  ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 18 of 34
Latest reply

I don't know how you do that, you're so clever fox!:-)

if you click on postage details, it will show you the actual postage, 4570 for me.

Oh yeah, i looked at it as a completed listing and it didnt show any postage. When I view it properly it says $18.45 for me. I wouldnt be impressed about the extra handling charge either.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 19 of 34
Latest reply

and I don't really know how to pay without paying on the invoice, I haven't done that before.     I presume you go into paypal and use the send money feature, but is that covered by paypal?  ๐Ÿ˜ž

The 1st invoice you recieved from EBAY that stated you won this now pay would have the $13 postage-use that.

Message 20 of 34
Latest reply