Can seller change postage after final bid?

Hi, I have a question about postage, I bid on an item and won it and the postage was $13.00.

But later when I get the invoice, the postage is $17.40;  so I thought I must have made a mistake, so I checked the item again, it had calculated postage and it says $13.

I don't know what to do really, I have to pay, I don't want to be a non payer, but I don't want to pay any more than the original listing, even if it is only $4.

Why isn't the seller bound by the original listing?

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

I agree the seller shouldnt be rewarded, but the OP said it is something they really wanted.

And would you trade a Neg and a bad comment on your page for $4 ?

This way even though not what should be done , the OP ends up with the goods that they want and the seller has a warning to others on their page. I am sure the neg and the statement they ask for more money after an auction ends will hurt them more than $4 worth.

If the OP didnt really want the item i would say cancel it.

However if it is just cancelled there is no warning to other buyers on their feedback to expect this sort of behaviour when dealing with them

Message 31 of 34
Latest reply

Yes, that is what I feel too.   I wanted the items, so I have paid.   I did email the seller straight away (see original posts) and again when I paid, enclosing a link to the appropriate ebay policy which says that all costs should be included in the listing.  I will see what happens.

Thank you everyone for your responses.

Message 32 of 34
Latest reply

This way even though not what should be done , the OP ends up with the goods that they want and the seller has a warning to others on their page. I am sure the neg and the statement they ask for more money after an auction ends will hurt them more than $4 worth.

If the OP didnt really want the item i would say cancel it.

However if it is just cancelled there is no warning to other buyers on their feedback to expect this sort of behaviour when dealing with them

(sorry, used wrong id before ^^, but the post is still the same)

Yes, that is what I feel too. I wanted the items, so I have paid. I did email the seller straight away (see original posts) and again when I paid, enclosing a link to the appropriate ebay policy which says that all costs should be included in the listing. I will see what happens.

Thank you everyone for your responses.

Message 33 of 34
Latest reply

hey, get off my computer and go back to work!

Message 34 of 34
Latest reply