Can someone please explain the fees charged when I buy an item.

Can anyone please explain the fees I will be charged when buying an item. On one page it showed the p/h & duty but when I actually paid the figure was $50 higher even allowing for the exchange rates.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Can someone please explain the fees charged when I buy an item.

Bit bovered by the fact that you know wot Jacks are

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

I was edumacated by certain groups in local footy clubs

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Ah, those were the days - Rozzers racing around in Scorchy Anglias..............scary stuff indeed.........true.gif

Spoiler
............wiv their funny 'ats and truncheons..............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

And their 20lb door keys

Spoiler
 Image result for sledge hammer police door
Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Most of us avoid the GSP (Global Shipping Program) because of the ridiculous high cost, poor packaging and slow delivery.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Hi, firstly any exchange rate conversion showing on eBay isn't the actual exchange rate you'll receive. If paying via PayPal they include a "loading" in the exchange rate they use so they make some money (they don't let you use their service for "free") and if you chose to pay using a Visa card or Amex card through PayPal the exchange rate used can be even worse (Visa and Amex load their fees into the exchange rare as well).

items shipping through GSP when Pitney Bowes does the importation etc, They also charge you a fee for doing this. 
so it's never "just 10% or whatever the correct duty rate" if shipping say to Australia. It's 10% or whatever plus shipping fees plus Pitney Bowes charge, plus PayPal's cut plus perhaps even Visas and Amex cut too. Even items under $1,000 are now subject to 10% GST and eBay charged the buyer extra because they have to process the GST payable.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply