Can't see how to contact Ebay re non delivery

petdals
Community Member

I have sent 2 notices to the seller re non supply of item  234096545472 (2/11) but have not received a reply

I cannot see  how to contact Ebay to request a refund. Nothing works!

Is there  a new Ebay policy that requires payment of $2 to get action in the matter?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Can't see how to contact Ebay re non delivery

The transaction in question was made on 2/11. Ebay is telling me on the case request form to 'hang tight' for a reply from the seller but I've already waited for 2 weeks or so for a reply to my 2 requests to the seller.

Ebay don't seem to know about my open case, so aren't giving me the opportunity to escalate for a refund?

I have no case open with Paypal.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

@petdals,

I suggest that you contact eBay NOW via Live Chat.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/contact_us?id=4667&st=10 _new-link.gif

On the left, it will say:

Contact us

Chat with our automated
assistant

Quickly get the help you need or we'll
connect you to an agent

Click onto that, and and then, in the chat window, you should type in something like this:

"My item number [xxxx], ordered on 2/11 and with an Estimated Delivery Date of xx/xx/21 hasn't arrived. I have opened a refund request on xx/xx and the seller has not refunded. It has now been x days since I have opened the request, and I can't see a way to escalate for refund, given the seller's failure to resolve. Can you please urgently assist, and escalate it for me?"

If more information is needed, keep very calm and polite, and give the required information. You can add things such as "seller has not provided tracking" or "seller has not provided proof of delivery".

AVOID any mention of this $2 or $17 business. That's distracting from the necessary facts. You opened a case within the required timeframe (or so I understand), the item hasn't arrived, you've been left hanging for far longer than the 4 days mentioned in the eBay MBG policy, and you would with all due courtesy like to be refunded. Those are the facts. Don't make any segues.

Good luck  - and please post the result in this thread, as this will help other eBay members in a similar situation to know how to handle something of this nature. It also helps to shape the advice that the responders here (who are fellow eBay members) will give, as we can then know the outcome; it will affirm that the advice given is correct.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Chat says I'm not covered by the money back guarantee. Never been in this position before with my comparitively long membership.

I waded thru the somewhat rambling  convoluted conditions but I can't see why I was denied.

Any idea why?

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Did they say why you weren't eligible? If you paid with PayPal, might be worth trying a dispute there. Try again with a person on ebay chat first though. You might get a different response with a different person. If they also say you aren't eligible, ask them why. Only certain categories are not eligible, yours isn't one of them.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

That listing offers only local pickup or click & collect. By default, when I tested it, checkout had local pickup selected.

@petdals, did you by any chance have local pickup selected when you went through checkout? If so, that may explain why you are not covered, assuming that you didn't go to pick up the item from the seller.

Alternatively, did you choose the only other option of Click & Collect? If so, did you receive notification of the item being ready for you to pick up from the collection point that you specified in Checkout? If you didn't pick it up from the collection point, you would not be covered by the MBG.

That's my initial thought; I may be off-base, but @petdals, I'd recommend that you look at the order to see what delivery instructions were selected when you went through checkout.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

petdals
Community Member

This has become a nightmare. All of a sudden everything to do with Ebay & Paypal has become difficult. Years of pretty straight forward satisfactory service is gone. In this instance they both keep implying  it's the other's responsibility for a refund.

I have an open claim, I have requested a refund from the seller on two occasions with no response & the only stated option left that am given is to close the case . There is no option given to ask Ebay to intervene & Payal has referred me back to Ebay. Are there any other options available to me?

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

As the Countess explained, that item was only for pick up or click and collect.

As you haven't collected it, you are not eligible for MBG

Check your purchase order to see which service you selected for confirmation of this.

It was never an item that was to be posted.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

It was never an item that was to be posted.

Click & Collect requires postage - it's kinda weird, I've never seen a listing that had C&C but not direct postage options. Larger companies can do C&C for their own stores, so it would be possible for one of those to just have it and no postage options, but that seller is using eBay's C&C option and that requires postage to a specific location which is selected during checkout - all of the locations I get to choose from in checkout are Parcelpoint and Hubbed locations near me in SA, while the seller is in NSW. 

INR is covered under the MBG when the item is pick-up, as well - that's what the whole QR code thing is for (seller protection). The only time they're not, is if the package arrives at the collection point but it's not collected. 

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply