Can you insist ONLY on cash for pick up?

Looking at a few items from a buyer who has has some fairly aggressive listings.

He has numerous references in each listing of "Strickly  CASH ONLY for PICK UP items (paypal for shipped items only) "

Have there been anly changes that I am not aware of, can you do this in listings now?

Also he has an item listed for $185, but when you  read the discription he says "(PRICE FOR EACH and the SALE FOR A PAIR! OWNER WON'T SPLIT THEM!)". And then again further down the listing "This auction price is for 1 pot only but A PAIR sell together (just DOUBLE the price)"  Is this allowable too?

Just interested as an occasional seller, especially for the cash only description

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Can you insist ONLY on cash for pick up?

@tetibird wrote:
Kopenhagen - he has a red dot about that too - someone who thought it was for one (it was) & thought the pair was optional (it wasn't) which earned abuse from the seller.

Well gee, if he hasn't changed it after that then, looks like he may be trying to achieve better position in searches.

IMO, it only makes the seller look dodgy. 'What else could he be trying to swing over others with the items', is the feeling I get.

image host
Message 11 of 35
Latest reply

Sure imastawaka, 273763090623 

Message 12 of 35
Latest reply

Pity the auction has moments before it ends, but I did manage to report them for avoiding ebay fees.

The auction is for one, but presumably when you go to pick them up, you pay for 2

That's my take on it anyway.

I'll be watching for a relist    Related image

Neg feedback suggests the 2nd one has a huge chip that's not mentioned.

Message 13 of 35
Latest reply

He has plenty of others similar! I did report this yesterday but nothing seemed to happen
Message 14 of 35
Latest reply

Maybe if more than one reports him, it might make a difference.

Message 15 of 35
Latest reply

Looks like english is not their first language and they don't know how eBay works.

Seller seems to think they can do what they like.

Hence the negs, which will turn potential buyers off.

Might shoot through a message explaining if a buyer wants to pay PayPal and pick up they can't refuse on the eBay site.

image host
Message 16 of 35
Latest reply

Kopes, I seriously doubt that will have any effect.

They've already stated in fb it's ''their rules'

Message 17 of 35
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

You've got my curiosity up.

Can you give us an item number please?

Strickly  CASH ONLY for PICK UP items (paypal for shipped items only)

Into advanced search >  Exact words,exact order and tick Search including Title and description will give you their

34 listings with that in it,Corny_cleaning-glasses.gif

Message 18 of 35
Latest reply

???

Bit late to the party Tazz.  

We got the item number and they don't have 34 listings.    cleaning glasses smiley.gif

Message 19 of 35
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Kopes, I seriously doubt that will have any effect.

They've already stated in fb it's ''their rules'

I know, I think you are right, but maybe they are talking about no protection on pick up items.

So I explained nicely PayPal rules have changed and they may get more negs for breaking eBay regs.

Will see if I get abused or thanked. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 20 of 35
Latest reply