Can you insist ONLY on cash for pick up?

Looking at a few items from a buyer who has has some fairly aggressive listings.

He has numerous references in each listing of "Strickly  CASH ONLY for PICK UP items (paypal for shipped items only) "

Have there been anly changes that I am not aware of, can you do this in listings now?

Also he has an item listed for $185, but when you  read the discription he says "(PRICE FOR EACH and the SALE FOR A PAIR! OWNER WON'T SPLIT THEM!)". And then again further down the listing "This auction price is for 1 pot only but A PAIR sell together (just DOUBLE the price)"  Is this allowable too?

Just interested as an occasional seller, especially for the cash only description

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Ignored, more likely.    tongue.gif

Message 21 of 35
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

???

Bit late to the party Tazz.  

We got the item number and they don't have 34 listings.    cleaning glasses smiley.gif

Asking for item numbers is not allowed in a lot of circumstances and it's better to use the advanced search.good.gif

They have 38 listings but ONLY 34 of those have that part in it (the other 4 don't),tease.gif

Eg: I stated: Exact words,exact order and tick Search including Title and description will give you their

34 listings with that in it (meaning that any one of those could also be reported).stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 22 of 35
Latest reply

Looks like I'm being ignored even though I expressed interest in the Japanese garden lantern.

image host
Message 23 of 35
Latest reply

If they won't take any notice of ebay itself, then the odds of them taking any notice of a mere member are... not great?

They sound a bit like they might resent being told anything. It's their way or the highway.

Message 24 of 35
Latest reply

A reply this morning - 

Hi there
sorry we can not accept paypal for pick up items as we have asked ebay more than 3 times and they do not give warranty for the security of the paypal payment, we have been cheated by some people using paypal not only 1 time but a few times even for $30 with tracking number. Better not to sell than being cheated, also the price for pick up items have been reduced and for shipping cost all ebay and paypal fees at buyer cost.
Regards

Looks like they are either referring to the old PayPal rules re pick up or are worried re chargebacks.

image host
Message 25 of 35
Latest reply

Interesting.

And how exactly have they had a tracking number for pick ups?

Lol at you being interested in the Japanese lantern.  Pick up?  They're in NSW

Message 26 of 35
Latest reply

Think they meant they have even lost a case that was posted with tracking.

Yeah, I thought maybe lyndal would pick it up and have it sent for me. giggle.gif

(I just haven't asked yet)

s-l1600.jpg

image host
Message 27 of 35
Latest reply

Fat chance.

BUT.................all his listings came down last night.

Message 28 of 35
Latest reply

Smiley Surprised Now that's interesting.

Maybe several reports went through from this thread.

Enough for eBay to pull the listings citing refusal of accepting PayPal.

Seller will probably think it was me. Smiley LOL

image host
Message 29 of 35
Latest reply

More like bullying buyers unto paying for two when they went to pick up just one.

= Off ebay sales

Also phone number in some listings.

Could also have been me  whstle.gif  maybe, pr'aps

Message 30 of 35
Latest reply