Can you insist ONLY on cash for pick up?

Looking at a few items from a buyer who has has some fairly aggressive listings.

He has numerous references in each listing of "Strickly  CASH ONLY for PICK UP items (paypal for shipped items only) "

Have there been anly changes that I am not aware of, can you do this in listings now?

Also he has an item listed for $185, but when you  read the discription he says "(PRICE FOR EACH and the SALE FOR A PAIR! OWNER WON'T SPLIT THEM!)". And then again further down the listing "This auction price is for 1 pot only but A PAIR sell together (just DOUBLE the price)"  Is this allowable too?

Just interested as an occasional seller, especially for the cash only description

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Can you insist ONLY on cash for pick up?

Listings back up again - exactly the same no changes. Still threatening to bounce back payment by PayPal minus Ebay & Pay Pal fees!
Message 31 of 35
Latest reply

Yeah, I noticed that this morning.

I didn't check them all for phone number etc.

But it looked like ebay had taken them down, cos they still had a while to run/auctions etc.

Who knows?

Hey, Kopes, still want that Japanese lantern? 

Play nice with Lyndal     there there.gif   hahahahahaha

Message 32 of 35
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Think they meant they have even lost a case that was posted with tracking.

Yeah, I thought maybe lyndal would pick it up and have it sent for me. giggle.gif

(I just haven't asked yet)

s-l1600.jpg

Just had a look at the listing....nice garden lamp BUT hellishly heavy.

I know the Willoughby area quite well from when we had a shop in Crows Nest and would be happy to get my OH to pick it up but I have no idea how it should be shipped.  It would be far too heavy for the average courier to manage on his own....most companies would not accept the weight.

In this case the seller has made a wise decision to make the item pickup only.

Message 33 of 35
Latest reply

Lyndal, that's super nice of you to offer but I wasn't serious when I said you might pick it up.

So thank you for that.

Looking twice at it, the lantern is a little modern in design for my liking.

I prefer something more traditional to match one I already have.

download (1).jpgAlong the lines of this one.

image host
Message 34 of 35
Latest reply

That is beautiful, Kopenhagen. It has a wonderful ambience of peaceful contemplation to it.

(I'm adding that lantern to the Danish story. Must finish that this week.)

Message 35 of 35
Latest reply