Cancelling order

Within three hours of making an order, I tried to cancal that order.  Reason I wont be around to collect the item as I am off to celebrate Chinese New Year.

I used the official channel to cancel items and the answer next day was NO CANNOT CANCEL.

Seller seem to be forcing the sale and sent come what may.

Only problem is that the item is bound to be be stolen, undelivered and lost, I know my neigbourhood.

It has happened before to another reclacitrant seller.  (I normally re-purchase from sellers who are flexible enough to cancel if my circumstance changes.)

Than what?.

Will I get a refudn if I do not receive the items?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Cancelling order

@penfolds407 wrote:

Within three hours of making an order, I tried to cancal that order.  Reason I wont be around to collect the item as I am off to celebrate Chinese New Year.

I used the official channel to cancel items and the answer next day was NO CANNOT CANCEL.

Seller seem to be forcing the sale and sent come what may.

Only problem is that the item is bound to be be stolen, undelivered and lost, I know my neigbourhood.

It has happened before to another reclacitrant seller.  (I normally re-purchase from sellers who are flexible enough to cancel if my circumstance changes.)

Than what?.

Will I get a refudn if I do not receive the items?

You make it sound as if you are being very generous because you will sometimes reward obedient sellers with the honour of a purchase down the track if they are 'flexible', but the thing is, a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

I'm not sure why you expected the ebay seller to necessarily cancel. I am trying to think of any other online site where I can just elect to cancel after paying and I am coming up a blank. Vistaprint will let you edit for up to an hour after a sale, but not cancel. That's about as good as it gets.

I know sometimes some ebay sellers allow cancellations but it isn't a given. If I were you in future, I'd think before I clicked to buy because the expected delivery dates are pretty clear in the ads, surely your problem didn't just pop up 3 hours after you purchased.

As for your parcel. If it is tracked and delivered but then stolen later from eg your doorstep, then I am not sure you would be able to get a refund if the seller has proof of delivery. 

Maybe if you aren't there, you will be left a card directing you to pick up from PO.

Either do as others have suggested re postage or else maybe get a neighbour to collect mail and keep an eye out & go and collect it for you.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

@penfolds407 wrote:

you are so casual with how you explain yourself that it sounds to me like it has been a regular occurrence.

Do you make a habit of doing this? We know it happened this time, and once before where a seller declined to cancel, and other times where you "repurchase from sellers" (plural)

Also, are your circumstances that peculiar that they "change" between the time you commit to buy and the seller posts?

Are you an on-call international spy? Just curious!

I once bought a bulk amount of lens caps from a USA seller thinking they were a different seller I had wanted to buy from. I honoured the sale . . . and bought the caps I wanted from the other seller. Asking the seller to cancel never crossed my mind. It was only a $20 sale.

What was the price of this item you wanted to cancel?

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

You are obviously added to a few party lists by now

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@penfolds407 wrote:

you are so casual with how you explain yourself that it sounds to me like it has been a regular occurrence.

Also, are your circumstances that peculiar that they "change" between the time you commit to buy and the seller posts?

Man Very HappyMan Very Happy

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

007 - Bond, James Bond (opening sequence)

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply