Check your accounts - VOUCHER

There is a voucher available but no notification given.

Just lucky I searched an item and saw it on the listing.

At the bottom of My eBay page.

image host
Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Check your accounts - VOUCHER

How do they decide who gets these and who doesn't? Is it based on how much you sell rather than people who mostly buy? I've never received any emails or messages but often see the discounts listed on the home page.
Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

I think they are based on certain marketing criteria.

I don't get emails for them either but if you search an item you will see a discount shown in the listing underneath the price.

This one expires for me on 31st May.

image host
Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

The discounts listed on the Home page are for any member to use if they qualify.

The discounts being discussed here are sent to individual members and they are often for different amounts with different T & Cs.

There is no rhyme or reason for who gets the personal ones.

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Thanks Kopes.   Mine says $15 off if I spend $100 or more

That won't be happening.  

Image result for empty pockets meme

Just discovered the same thing.  Expires tomorrow.

I have searched through all my usual collectable wants, the boring practical stuff I was vagely thinking of buying, books etc.

There's not a thing on eBay that either costs $100 or adds up to it that I really want to spend my moiney on....and that's without factoring in inflated local or overseas postage and of course having to avoid the GSP (alas the UK is fast joining the US on the GSP avoidance bandwagon).

Oh well.  If eBay wants to send me another voucher sometime maybe I'll have better luck then.

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

You can buy up to 10 items from different sellers to make up the $100 limit.

And don't be afraid of the GSP from the UK.....it is a completely different kettle of fish to the USA version and has nothing to do with Pitney Bowes.

It is much faster, and much cheaper and as far as I can see it does allow you to combine items for discounted postage....I definitely did not pay the full postage on the 3 items I bought from the same seller.

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

Perhaps they learned a little from the mistakes made by the US counterparts- the info on the GSP in the UK does actually refer to Pitney Bowes in the FAQs. Under the Q about combined shipping it mentions seller-specified discounts can't be applied (eg if they have a single flat rate for UK shipping, that won't apply if you purchase multiple items, despite that it technically should as they are posting to a UK address), but that a calculated discount will be applied in the cart for the international leg of the journey. 

I seem to have received a different voucher (10% off, haven't checked the T&Cs yet, though). Not really anything to buy, except maybe postal supplies. 

sigh

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

You can buy up to 10 items from different sellers to make up the $100 limit.

And don't be afraid of the GSP from the UK.....it is a completely different kettle of fish to the USA version and has nothing to do with Pitney Bowes.

It is much faster, and much cheaper and as far as I can see it does allow you to combine items for discounted postage....I definitely did not pay the full postage on the 3 items I bought from the same seller.

Unfortunately I couldn't find enough items to buy that added up to $100 that still offered value for money.

I rarely buy anything large and so far I've found that while the UK GSP is cheaper than the US version it's still more expensive than Royal Mail.

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

I just got one from Australia post offering $10 off a $30 spend on eBay.
Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

I took advantage of the 12 hour frenzy they had today. I don't know what the earlier offers were as I forgot to check, but between 8pm and 10pm there was 8% off everything over a certain $ amount. Mr Tippy has been wanting a new car fridge and knew which one he wanted, but was in no hurry. I looked at the price tonight minus the 8% and it looked tempting. We decided to wait and see what the after 10 offer was. If it was nothing special, no biggy, we'd wait for a sale or a voucher another time. When it came up as 15% it was too good to let go. 

Had some other items in my purchase history that I'd won at auction and hadn't paid for yet as I was watching other items from that seller, but I figured what the heck. I paid for them as well and got a nice discount. The good part is, Mr Tippy doesn't know I've bought the fridge and won't know because I bought it on a different account to the one he uses. I'm a sneaky Tippy! I'll tell him tomorrow that it was 15% off but I thought I'd let it go, just to get his reaction.

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

I hope he doesn't buy another fridge before you tell him you already got one!
Message 20 of 23
Latest reply