Click & Collect - no pickup codes received by me or HUBBED agent for 4 different items delivered

I bought 4 different items on eBay from different sellers, with 'Click & Collect' to deliver at a local HUB - but I did not receive a Click & Collect pickup code - nor did the HUB. The parcels were tracked and delivered there by AusPost but neither I, OR the HUB received a code number. Three of these were delivered a week ago - but show on my eBay purchase tracking as - 'Being Processed . . . .' - but the next line shows they were 'Delivered' (a week ago) - and the eBay tracking graph shows only half way.
Something is broken in the system. I have 'chatted' twice with eBay, and 1 phone call with an agent - - but all three have just said they don't know, and referred it up the line.
Still no pickup codes received - and the HUBBED centre says he will not accept any more packages for which there is no digital record in the system.
Who actually runs 'Click & Collect' - is there any way to contact anyone who would know why codes are not being sent.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Click & Collect - no pickup codes received by me or HUBBED agent for 4 different items deliv

Truly sugar 249 - are you seriously turning this genuine problem question into some kind of woke racist criticism of me?  They were from India, Philippines, or wherever, it's relevant to me, particularly when the person I spoke to was hard to understand, and needed to repeat many things, and the chat people even typed with unfluent text, and were of little help - and promised to get back to me . . . 2 days ago. It seems to me it was just a generic 'call centre' brush off - where they can't actually do anything in eBay.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
I've also messaged the last seller to ask if there is something that they need to do to make sure pickup codes are generated - - and they said they would look into it further too - - - but to be fair, it has been the same now with 3 different sellers in the last week - - all items delivered promptly from interstate - but no codes sent to me or the HUB.
Prior to this I have had no problem with Click & Collect using the exact same method and HUB location - and have received Delivery, and Pickup codes as per normal, no problem.
But in the last 10 days - - there have been 5 deliveries, from 3 different sellers - and I've received all the Tracking, and Delivery information emails like normal - - but then total silence - and no 'Ready to Pickup - here's your code' emails have come.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Re: Click & Collect - no pickup codes received by me or HUBBED agent for 4 different items deliv

Maybe your HUB no longer accepts click and collect? There are plenty that have dropped out doing it because it can be a real pain in the proverbial for them. Here today, gone tomorrow. I doubt you'd get notified if that were the case, but definitely worth calling the HUB and asking whether they still accept parcels. 

Hopefully whoever you speak to at the HUB doesn't have an Indian or Filipino accent.

Spoiler
I googled "HUB" and didn't get much in the way of results. I was thinking it was some brand name of a store, like Big W, but couldn't find anything. Maybe because it's not available in my area as a collection point because there is no store here?
Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

Thanks *sons_n_daughters* - I'm still investigating - - - but the ParcelPoint/HUBBED locations are offered as a Click & Collect option when you buy from commercial/business sellers on eBay. A list of local ones near me, appears when I check this option on the eBay purchase page. There is usually no problem at all - up until this week.

The particular location for this one is a at a local courier/delivery office called Pack and Send - - I have had other eBay items sent there - in exactly the same manner - and no problem at all. I get the usual confirmed/posted/Tracking/Delivered emails via eBay. 

After that - you're supposed to get an email/SMS to say that the package is 'Ready to Pick-up' and here is your pick-up code (just numbers) - - - - but this time - - now 5 parcels - have been delivered to the place - and there have been no emails or notices from eBay since - and no way to correctly pick up the items from the location.

I've used the same place a few times - - and I rang the manager there yesterday - - and he confirmed the package was delivered - but he didn't want to accept it because there is nothing 'in the system' about it - - and so he actually has no digital/computer record of the package. He said he would not accept any more deliveries without digital confirmation.

He only accepted the package from AusPost because I was in there the other day about the ones from last week. 

I have no idea what has gone wrong in the system - - the purchases are being made normally on eBay - the Sellers have acted promptly and sent the items - and they have all arrived via AusPost to the ParcelPoint/HUBBED location I specified on the eBay page.  But then total silence from the eBay system and no pick-up codes.

Here attached is a screenshot - of one of the items  - on my Purchases/Show more Details page - - and you can see it says - it's for 4TB hard drive. The item was delivered to the Click & Collect location 7 days ago - and in fact I went there 5 days ago to get - - - and it was there - and the agent was just as confused, because there was no record of it - and neither of us had any codes.

Because he knows me from before - he eventually gave me the package - manually recording the details on paper, and taking a photo of my licence ID - - - so I got the package - but neither of us was happy about the system breakdown.

So that item has totally completed a week ago - and still the eBay page says it's being 'processed' - even though the next lines say it was 'Delivered'.

So I've got no idea what's going wrong with the eBay system - - nor do the 'call centre' people.

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

Click and collect, is not confined to ebay business/commercial sellers, and will be included as a delivery option for all sellers, unless the seller specifically  opts out.

Ebay does not have there own version of click and collect, it is simply an integrated delivery option.  If you can not contact click and collect, have you tried contacting hubbed direct, which I believe also owns parcel point.

https://hubbed.com/click-collect/

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

INTERIM UPDATE

I've actually a phone call back about midday today from the eBay customer representative I spoke to yesterday (he said his name was also Rodney) But he told me yesterday he would refer it higher up to some sort of 'action team'. 

Today he told me that they had put in place, for NEW pickup codes to be issued to me 'in 3 days time' - for the three items that have been delivered to the Click & Collect HUBBED location now (the last one was delivered at about that time today).

So I said, that would be good - and I would wait for the new email codes - and I also asked that they make sure codes were also re-issued to the agent - - and he said it would be done.

So that is all good - provided of course it does happen. So I have no choice at present to just sit and wait for a few days, and see if the system spits out some codes to me to get the items.

Thankfully, it's nothing urgent, and I can certainly wait a few more days.

I will let you know what happens - and it it all comes good.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

PS I got a 'Warning' message from a Moderator here in the community - that I had breached the guidelines by posting a screenshot on a previous response I made - - because the screenshot showed the seller's name and enough details apparently to identify them. That goes against the guidelines.

It was an innocent mistake on my part and I was just showing that the item was still showing as 'mid processing'.

Anyway, the Moderator has edited the post and deleted the screenshot - - - so I apologise for that mistake on my part.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Perhaps I should also clarify - that none of this problem concerning the pick-up codes is any complaint about the sellers. There have been 4 different sellers that I bought items from in the past couple of weeks - and they were all excellent - with super fast responses, good communication, and the items were all delivered very quickly. It's a problem somewhere in the Click & Collect system not issuing 'ready for pick-up' emails - - even though some of the items were delivered a week ago.

I've been totally happy with the sellers I purchased these from - I think 3 were from interstate too - and all processed and sent the items very efficiently. 

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

If you are having to physically go and collect the parcels from wherever they're being sent to, why not just use Aust Post Parcel Collect? Parcels get sent to your PO of choice (not necessarily your closest one, you choose where it goes). As you have to be a My Post member (it's free and there is no spam), they will hold parcels for 4 weeks. Obviously it's no good if the parcels are being delivered by a courier.

Instead of parcels being sent to

John Smith

123 My Street

Sometown 1234 your state

They would be sent to

John Smith 

Parcel Collect 12345-67890

321 Post Office Road

Yourtown 1357

The Parcel Collect number is unique to you. So, if you were say going away for a few months and you wanted to buy something, you can then change the address in ebay to the address of the closest PO to where you are. As long as you have your parcel collect number, there is no hassles. 

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

The Parcel Collect number is unique to you. So, if you were say going away for a few months and you wanted to buy something, you can then change the address in ebay to the address of the closest PO to where you are. As long as you have your parcel collect number, there is no hassles. 

oh,  I didnt realise that,  thanks for the tip, will be useful in a few months time.

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

That's an excellent suggestion *sons_n_daughters* -  The nearest PO is actually just as convenient as the HUBBED place I've been using recently. So I will definitely give this a go - and see how it works out. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - 

I'm a MyPost member already.

- - - - - - - - - - - - 

DONE - - I've been there now to the AusPost - MyPost site - and got a new free Parcel Locker address at my local Post Office - - which is actually closer and more convenient than the HUBBED location I've been using. 

Thanks for the great suggestion . . . . this will be much better for lots of things now - and I won't need to use the Click & Collect system anymore. The packages are just posted direct to me at a Parcel Locker address at the Post Office. This is really good - - - thanks again.

I might have to go and buy something on eBay right now - just to try it out - - haha

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

Just be aware that a Parcel Locker is different to Parcel Collect. A Parcel Locker you have very limited time to collect.....a few days. Parcel Collect, where you have to actually go into the PO during business hours, you have 4 weeks to collect. 

If you have a smart phone, install the AP app on your phone. Then you can organise everything regarding My Post. You can also do it on a laptop/desktop.

I went this route because I got sick of having parcels stolen from my doorstep. Even though AP state they only safe drop if it's actually safe, having a front door in full view of the street, with no front fence, and easy access for anyone, is considered safe by AP. Since using Parcel Collect, I've never lost a parcel. Funny that.

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply