'Contact Seller' counts as description?

I have recently purchased an item which had no description. I contacted the seller (through the 'Contact Seller' option) to ask to clarification about what was included in the purchase (before buying it), and recieved ample information. I also asked about whether a part of the title was a typo, and they said it was (500MB instead of 500GB, as no version of the item exists with 500MB)

If I recieve the item and it does not include what the seller provided clarification about throught the messaging system, can I use the messages that I sent as backing to ask for a refund? Or does the refund proof only reply on the listing details?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Ask the seller to copy/paste their reply into the listing description. At least that way you won't have to worry, and if they refuse, I wouldn't buy.
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

DG, pretty sure the OP has already bought the item.

The OP has also left negative feedback for a seller recently re item doesn't match

description...................

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

I should say that the negative feedback was for a seller where the description did not match the item, not a message.

Additionally, that negative feedback was not for what I am referring to; the recently purchased item is still on its way.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

There is little point in asking hypothetical questions.

Wait till the item arrives before looking for trouble.....you may be pleasantly surprised.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Woops, I should read more carefully. Or just not use my mobile, lol.

Might help with a future purchase maybe.
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

While it is hypothetical, I would like to know just for future reference.
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Then take notice of digi's reply.

There could be many possible replies depending on the exact circumstances....you could receive several answers and none of them covers your exact scenario.

Wait till you have a problem and then give us all the details that you can.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Confusion could reign supreme.  If I understand correctly, the seller has told you the item is 500MB  not 500GB as listed, but you

believe a 500MB version does not exist, is that correct.  Then I assume you are expecting to receive a 500GB item, even though the seller has stated that the item is 500MB.  In other words you are hedging your bets and hoping to receive a 500GB item, but if you

receive a 500MB item you want to be able to claim INAD, is that why we are in this pre-emptive mode.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Let me clarify: The item is listed as 500MB, but he told me that this was a typo and that I was correct in assuming he meant 500GB.

The object in question:

1. Has never had a 500MB version, and
2. For some reason is listed on eBay as 500MB by different sellers (selling the same type of object.) I think this is an error that eBay makes when you choose what object you are selling, because the two options (of this object) you can choose from on the 'Sell' page has both 500GB and 500MB.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply