Delivery

dhpa4841
Community Member

How can i update delivery instruction?

I want my package at front/Back door if anyone not available at my home .

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Delivery

You really should add delivery instructions at the time of payment. If the seller hasn't posted yet, you could send a message asking if they could add that instruction. If you live anywhere like I do, they'll drop it at the front door regardless. I'd have killed to get a card! Instead, I had parcels stolen, so now use Parcel Collect.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

You would need to speak to AP or whoever's delivering the parcel.

Edit. Good evening TP.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Good evening to you too Padi!

When you print a postage label, there is a section where you can add instructions, like do not safe drop, please leave under the tree in the front yard, leave at front door, or whatever.

Whether they actually follow those instructions is another thing. My step daughter put multiple "do not safe drop" labels all over our parcel (10 in total), with our Christmas presents, plus had SOD and they still dropped it at the front door, and didn't even knock! It was only that I heard the van and wondered who was getting a delivery. I knew my neighbour was away, so would have grabbed it from his front door until he returned. Nope, it was the do not safe drop and SOD parcel at my front door, for the whole world to see. 

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@*sons_and_daughters* wrote:

When you print a postage label, there is a section where you can add instructions, like do not safe drop, please leave under the tree in the front yard, leave at front door, or whatever.

This option was removed from My Post a couple of years ago, back around the time they removed the option to have "Do not safe drop" as part of the postage label as well, so it might be something still unique to your account as if I recall correctly yours account still has a lot of the older features? 

On my account, I now only have a reference field and technically anything can be written there, but they say it's for sender / receiver reference only. 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I am a buyer ONLY, and I always include a delivery message in the Message option at the Checkout.  Some sellers include my note on the AP eParcel label under 'Delivery Instructions'.  Sellers who don't use printed labels often copy and paste my instructions to a scrap of white paper which is taped to the parcel.

If you are talking about AP's MyPost there are some options for home delivery like leave at the front door, in the garage etc, BUT not at the back door.  I have opted for 'Leave in a Safe Place' and hope to God the seller includes my more specific instructions.  If the seller is insisting on a signed delivery Aust Post can override an Authority to Leave (ATL) or Safe Drop instruction despite the fact that because of Covid, AP is signing for delivery!

I have a few versions of delivery instructions which I have saved in a Word document with notes re what company, eBay seller etc it is used for.  I just open up the document and copy and paste the relevant one at the checkout.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

My son and his wife both work full time, so are never home when the mail is delivered, or when parcels are delivered  and never able to get to the PO to collect if the parcel is  Do Not Safe Drop. 
So, they have put a sign on their gate for all deliveries to be left across the road at house number *such-n-such*  (which is his in-laws address). They have not had a problem since. 
But he doesn’t buy off eBay. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Are they in town here? The eastern PO opens at 7am and closes at 6pm. There is word of them opening earlier, but not sure if that will go ahead. It doesn't help me if I'm working a long day, but otherwise, regardless of my shift, I can either go before or after work.

It sounds like a great idea to have delivered across the road. Why not just have parcels addressed to there if they are home all the time? The posties around here can't read signs I've found! If I send a card to my mother, I send it to her address. If I send a parcel, I send it to her sister who lives around the corner. She lives in one of those semi retirement village things and parcels have been known to go missing at times. 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Open an Australia Post MyPost account using the same email address for your eBay account and add your street address.  If you know the tracking numbers, add them to your tracking list.

Go to Account Preferences - Delivery Preferences.  There are 5 options.  No backyard option, as this is an out of bounds delivery area for security, OH&S and dogs !  However if you can get hold of the contractor or postal delivery person, chat with them.  Delivery instructions on the parcel help, but if you know they are coming a note at the door will remind them.

They can't remember everyone's preferred hidy-hole off the top of their head.

https://auspost.com.au/help-and-support/answers?s=000011207

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

They live in Sydney. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply