Did I purchase a fake nutribullet?

Hi everyone, I purchased a nutribullet this afternoon on here. I have since discovered there are fake ones and now I'm worried. I emailed the seller and they replied that they have reputable suppliers but the nutribullet website states they are the only Australian resellers. Can anyone offer any advice here I am so confused.
Message 1 of 110
Latest reply
109 REPLIES 109

Re: Did I purchase a fake nutribullet?

The main selling point of the nutribullet is that everything is blended and ground so well that you have a cup of fluid and not of cup of chewy lumps that didn't get pulverised.

This makes no difference to your stomach whatsoever. Chewy lumps or fluid,it all gets renndered down to liquid form because the only way nutrients can be absorbed is at a molecular level. The digestive system has had many millions of years to perfect getting the last trace of usable nourishment from anything that is presented to it, and it is quite capable of dealing with food in its natural state, bitten and chewed.

In fact, chewing the food actually improves its digestibility, as enzymes in saliva start to act on the food inside your mouth, something that cannot happen if it is drunk or swallowed without chewing. Spit on some powdered starch,for  example and almost immediately it will test positive for sugar as the enzymes get  to work.

The Nutribullet is snake oil salesmanship pure and simple,taking advantage of people with little knowledge of human anatomy and the digestive system with some very dubious claims.

The best you can say is that it does not do any actual harm. Not something that really seem paying a premium price for.

Still, as they say, no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the public.

Message 11 of 110
Latest reply

Update- Item was fake. refund given. To anyone else looking to buy a nutribullet on ebay maybe just save yourself the drama and order one directly from the number advertised on tv. Not interested in getting involved in nasty **bleep** over why I decided to buy the thing just hoping to help someone else which is what these boards are supposed to be about.

Message 12 of 110
Latest reply

I looked at the seller that you left the negative feedback for.....I would have been very dubious about the authenticity of the Nutribullet as the seller's history is selling makeup and beauty items.

If it was a fake I have a feeling that the seller might have been caught out and decided to on sell it.   They don't have a selling history that would suggest that it is an ongoing thing and they are not selling any more Nutribullets.

Message 13 of 110
Latest reply

All nutribullets on EBay are non genuine in that they are either fakes or more likely returns from 30 day trials and or refurbished repaired and then wholesaled to someone who unwittingly sells them dirt cheap to dishonest greedy EBay sellers who intentionally misadvertise them as brand new with 12 months manufacturers warranty. This couldnt be further from the truth especially the manufacturers warranty!!! . I know as I was duped when of course my Nutribullet became noisy and smoke came from motor within a month. Seller refused to respond through EBay but I remembered they had an email address on Paypal...a NZ one at that and told them I was reporting them to every known authority and joining in a class action to sue them. Worked like a charm,,,, a full refund within 24hrs!!!   Also look out for sellers pretending to off load "unwanted presents" another sure sign!!!

One last note Nutribullet make roughies not smoothies. They are **bleep**!! Ended up buying a new Luvello high speed blender here at auction for a steal at $80. Not as good as a Vitamix @ $800 but not far off! Best money spent. Best smoothies and icecreams yet!! Do yourself a favour.

Message 14 of 110
Latest reply

How did you find out it was a fake?

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 15 of 110
Latest reply

Well underneath the screw on blade base is the chrome bearing plate cover which on genuine ones is approx 5cm wide. You can easily see it under the rubber gear teeth wheel. On "fakes" the cover is much smaller, only as wide as the rubber gear wheel - approx 3cm. Thats why I beleive my Nutribullet blade bearing failed/seized. Regatdless stay away from them..genuine or fake. They are unjustifiably expensive and made with cheap components. Get yourself a High Speed Blender that spins at over 30000RPM. They are just as affordable and much better results, quality and warranty.

Message 16 of 110
Latest reply

Its not all about digestion but it can be for people with IBS or similar digestive issues. Mainly its all about taste and convenience. The reason people buy blenders is that they can increase their intake of vegetable and fruits by many many times over and consume it very quickly as well as it tastes great. Most people especially children hate the taste of vegetables and fruits. By combining carefully you get something that's extremely palatable. To eat a vast array amount of fruits and vegetables takes a lot of time and chewing. The only thing you got right was Nutribullets are snake oil salesmanship. Any quality high speed blender is far better. As you said don't underestimate the intelligence of people.
Message 17 of 110
Latest reply

I have a good quality blender and it made lumpy, chewy juice and it wasn't suitable after my disasterous, nightmare surgery last Novemeber so I bought a Nutribullet and it made the same vegies smooth to swallow. It was (and still is) the only wat to eat fruit or vegies. I am delighted with the Nutribullet but not delighted with the price but it helps me get in the nutrients. It is only in the last week or so that I have been able to actually eat anything but can't get enough through eating and still need the juice. 

Message 18 of 110
Latest reply

I am aware Australian Customs stopped a large shipment of Nutri Bullets at the border, there were apparently knock offs made in China so as others have said if you buy a Nutri Bullet new off eBay it is higly likely to be fake.

Message 19 of 110
Latest reply

heda85
Community Member
I am reading this today because I was a bit worried that the NutriBullet I wanted to buy that was so cheap was a fake. So started research and read this great help how do you tell if it's fake?
Message 20 of 110
Latest reply