Dishonest Ebay

Seller sells used items as new.Has feedbacks about that.I lodged negative feedback to let buyers know.Ebay removed feedback as this guy is selling many goods.Sick.You can not trust Ebay as well as Paypal.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Dishonest Ebay

Before making any judgement on eBay's honesty a few more details would be required. Like, why was your feedback removed? If any mention of a dispute is made feedback is often removed.

Besides, it has been amply demonstrated on these boards that buyers often don't bother looking at sellers' feedback before buying.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

One problem that sellers get caught with is item description. When listing items, ebay has a default setting that all listings are " like new ". It is then up to the seller to notice that ebay has automatically filled this box in and change it to used. If the seller happens to miss this, the listing goes live described as " like new ".

I wish ebay would just leave our listings alone and leave us to fill in the boxes, without pre-filling them in for us.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

There are numerous feedbacks about this seller selling used items as new.I never thought it would be my bad luck as well.

I have only warned potential buyers in a polite way about that.I guess he called Ebay and got the feedback removed though Ebay

accepted my claim and I will be getting my money back with "standard" delay.I also bought an item from Gumtree using Paypal

and when I did not get the item there was not any help from Paypal.Only their stupid advices to contact the seller and resolve the problem with the thief.As it is not the first time I get excellent service from both Ebay and Papal i will close the accounts.

On top of that shipment costs(thanks to gready Auspost) also kill the pleasure of buying on Ebay.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

I totally agree.

It's always annoying to expect a Rolls Royce and only get a Holden, even if you pay Holden prices.

As far as Gumtree goes, the trick is to actually read and get Paypal to stand by their policies. Whilst Gumtree is owned by eBay, it is certainly not subject to the same levels of buyer protection that eBay has. For example: you will get your money back for the eBay purchase, you might not for the Gumtree one. Especially as Gumtree is geared towards pickup, where the accepted (and sensible) payment method is CASH ON PICKUP.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Ebay couldn't care less if you close your accounts or not. In fact, they will never notice. You aren't propping them up, so they don't care about you at all.

As for warning other buyers, am I correct in saying other buyers left feedback to warn other buyers, and other buyers like yourself didn't bother to read the feedback? If you didn't bother checking the seller's feedback, what makes you think others would?

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

I'll have a holden any day over a rolls royce lol

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

I'll have a holden any day over a rolls royce lol

When you say "over", do you mean on the luggage rack?

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Unfortunatelly you are right so for my money I should not put myself in a situation where I have to deal with scum.Most sellers are honest but the low lives spoil everything.By the way I got my money back today.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

@andreswita wrote:

There are numerous feedbacks about this seller selling used items as new.I never thought it would be my bad luck as well.

I have only warned potential buyers in a polite way about that.I guess he called Ebay and got the feedback removed though Ebay

accepted my claim and I will be getting my money back with "standard" delay.I also bought an item from Gumtree using Paypal

and when I did not get the item there was not any help from Paypal.Only their stupid advices to contact the seller and resolve the problem with the thief.As it is not the first time I get excellent service from both Ebay and Papal i will close the accounts.

On top of that shipment costs(thanks to gready Auspost) also kill the pleasure of buying on Ebay.

Unfortunately Australia Posts charges are killing the pleasure of ebay for sellers too. It has got to the point where I price an item, come to the postage section and enter the postage cost and often think to myself, " the buyer is never going to pay that " so I go back and give my profit margin a shave on the selling price.

Luckily I have a shipping container full of stock that doesnt owe me much, but once that is gone so am I. The postage costs are really starting to put pressure on online businesses, especially for the cheaper discretionary items.

I suspect AP is already strangling the goose that lays the golden eggs and once they have put the Australian online sellers out of business, all they will be left with is a truck load of cheap Chinese parcels to deliver, which they get paid begger all for, due to archaic international postage agreements.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply