Does anyone suffer a significantly delay recently?

Hi all, 

Item has been stuck in the Melbourne facility since last Thursday 26/03/2020. Given the situation of the COVID-19 outbreak, it is still very unusual though, in the old days Mel to Adl only took a day or two to arrive. Base on all this, my parcel might be lost during the transition highly likely. I totally understand this had nothing to do with the seller and my cover would be covered by eBay??

Thanks a lot. 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Does anyone suffer a significantly delay recently?

My purchases have been very slow in the last 2-3 weeks and still waiting on some items locally purchased nearly 2 weeks ago.

But it's no wonder with the shut downs.

image host
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Some slower than usual, some quite fast.

1 stuck in Sydney for a week, another from the same seller not even scanned in Sydney, but arrived in 2 days.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@jumpman23_cs wrote:

Hi all, 

Item has been stuck in the Melbourne facility since last Thursday 26/03/2020. Given the situation of the COVID-19 outbreak, it is still very unusual though, in the old days Mel to Adl only took a day or two to arrive. Base on all this, my parcel might be lost during the transition highly likely. I totally understand this had nothing to do with the seller and my cover would be covered by eBay??

Thanks a lot. 

Rather than looking at who you are covered by, have you called Australia Post? You do realise it's your responsibility to do that, not the seller. Very few parcels ever get lost, even if delayed they usually turn up. You are talking between states here yes and during a pandemic? And a week is too long? Sit tight mate, everyone is doing the best they can.

If you do need to follow up, have your tracking number ready, call and lodge an enquiry with AP but not yet. There are bigger problems in the world

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

I've still got one parcel from China that is apparently now in Melbourne....somewhere.  It's been there for weeks but I'm hopeful it will move on eventually as another parcel eventually found its way to my house.

Aust Post does't recognise the tracking number but it is possible the package will eventually be passed on to AP and I'll finally get an update....and eventually my item.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

cezm
Community Member

Australia Post is currently suffering hugh delays in local post. I have received 2 eBay INR's because of this. Expect interstate deliveries to WA to be 2+ weeks.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I always thought AusPost would only communicate with the sender as it was the sender that paid for the postage and therefore the contractual obligation for the delivery of a service is between Australia Post and the seller.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

My tracked items are still held up at Oz customs a month after their arrival both from China and USA. Their delivery dates will soon be overdue. One was 2 weeks past its delivery due date, never arrived. Got a refund but wanted the item! I've stopped buying on eBay. Nothing is arriving! So sad!
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@melody_8ve wrote:
My tracked items are still held up at Oz customs a month after their arrival both from China and USA. Their delivery dates will soon be overdue. One was 2 weeks past its delivery due date, never arrived. Got a refund but wanted the item! I've stopped buying on eBay. Nothing is arriving! So sad!

Nothing to do with eBay. As you said, you know they have arrived in Australia. Why are you penalising sellers for postal delays in AUSTRALIA?

There is this thing called COVID-19 disrupting postage world-wide.

So sad, but I'm sure the sellers losing both the money and their goods will be happy to see you go.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply