EBAY buyer gets shipping error but not seller work around

So ive found a rare item from a seller in Germany. Ive messaged the seller through ebay ive accepted his offer. The problem is when i go to pay for the item ebay says "error seller not shipping to your address". Ive tried numerous times to explain to seller he needs to add Australia to shipping list but his reply is "just buy it" so i tried changing my address from Australia to family in United Kingdom, this also did not work same error message, so i finally used the sellers address in Germany and in the note to seller put my address. 

Ive looked at deutche post and there is a covid restriction to Australia so it may take some time but i dont believe that is why my address caused the error message. I also cannot understand how the seller is able to submit an offer without getting a shipping error?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Perhaps read the thread below on this problem :-

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/seller-has-sent-me-an-offer-which-includes-postage-but-got-e...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I though it sounded very familiar 

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

the problem is ebay, not covid shipping restrictions. I tried a United Kingdom address also and that didnt work. people are blaming covid for everything these days

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Where did I blame anything?

You basically asked the same question as last time but want different responses?

If it is an eBay problem as such, members here cannot do anything about that, you will need to contact eBay

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

sorry not blaming you, ive tried asking ebay to sort this out but they were no help, they said i need to ask the seller to add Australia to shipping list. And again ive tried that numerous times already. For anyone in the same situation Ebay did not say anything about covid shipping resctrictions because they have no link to shipping companies. Again a work around this ebay pain is to use the sellers address for shipment.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@darrylgama wrote:

Again a work around this ebay pain is to use the sellers address for shipment.

That raises all sorts of red flags for me if you try that, how is the seller going to show that they shipped to you in Australia, which they need to do to cover themself for seller protection?  Also if they do ship to you and you pay the extra for shipping that money will not be covered in the case of "item not delivered" or "item not as described".

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

So seller ships item to himself, He has proof of Delivery and you have done your money.

Notes to seller mean nothing  and quite often are not even read, especially if seller uses any form of auto shipping

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I wonder why the sellers store is now empty

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@darrylgama wrote:

So ive found a rare item from a seller in Germany. Ive messaged the seller through ebay ive accepted his offer. The problem is when i go to pay for the item ebay says "error seller not shipping to your address". Ive tried numerous times to explain to seller he needs to add Australia to shipping list but his reply is "just buy it" so i tried changing my address from Australia to family in United Kingdom, this also did not work same error message, so i finally used the sellers address in Germany and in the note to seller put my address. 

Ive looked at deutche post and there is a covid restriction to Australia so it may take some time but i dont believe that is why my address caused the error message. I also cannot understand how the seller is able to submit an offer without getting a shipping error?

Please come back and let us know when the item arrives. I hope you didn't pay much for it because when it doesn't arrive, you won't be able to claim a refund. Please dont make the same mistake again, that was really silly addressing it to the seller.

The reason you couldn't pay is because the seller doesn't post to Australia or the UK. America, Europe and Asia only.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply