EBay Protecting Bad Sellers Who Receive Negative Feedback

As professional EBay sellers for the past 20 years imagine my disappointment at Ebays actions.

We bought a $219 EV charging cable from a local seller.  He proceeded to give us two false tracking numbers and a photo of a bogus Aus Post lodgement receipt for an item he sent to NSW weighing 500g.  Our cable weighed 2.8KG. When confronted with this false and misleading info he claimed they were all simply "mistakes" and our item was definitely on its way.  We gave him 3 weeks before leaving Feedback in case the 2 day local delivery had hit a snag and somehow got lost.  After 3 weeks we left him deserved negative feedback and calmly itemised his long list of false and misleading information. It lasted 1 hour before he complained to EBay and had all our comments removed bar the Red Neg symbol.  When I phoned my  Ebay "major accounts" executive LOL he told me there was nothing he could do to allow us to resubmit the feedback...computer says no. He could not even tell me why the feedback was removed as he could read it at his end and could find no fault with it.  Thank you EBay Australia, your concern for the people who pay your wages warms the heart.  I think I'll finish setting up our company Website now.....

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Do you remember what you wrote in the feedback?

Mentioning disputes for example is not allowed, or abusive language, personal information, threats etc. 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Nobody from eBay reads the member to member forum 

No idea who, or how you phoned your Ebay "major accounts" executive , but sounds like he reads from the same script as base level cs staff

eBay also do not care how many websites you set up

The tracking is an automated bot service. no humans *read* or *check* anything. If the bot system says, then that is all cs staff care .... 'what the bot says'

BUT, you may wish to read the other two threads from two different members who have had bogus tracking/lodgement receipts/ large, bulky, heavy  items that were simply 'large letters' in the past couple of weeks 

Certainly sounds like there is a scammer/ring of scammers who have hijacked sellers accounts 

If enough of you keep doing something about it, things might change

Have you filed a police report?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I can see your feedback for that seller, but not the words, just --.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Yes I mentioned that we were forced to make an EBay claim.  Didn't know airing Ebays dirty laundry was a sin...

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

We received a refund, I actually know where the idiot lives.  Unhappy Ebay would not allow me advertising his deceit.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Yes, Too much information apparently.  I asked to resubmit the feedback minus the mention of the EBay INR claim but..."Computer says no"    Not to worry I just wish the crooked seller received some penalty other than a useless--  Thanks for your input.

Tim

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

It is against eBay policy to mention a dispute or similar

Surprising the major account manager of yours said he could’nt see why if was removed

one of the first and most basic rules

stick with the rules and it would have still been there

airing ebay’s dirty laundry can be done anywhere, not in feedback though, no matter how big someone is

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@industrialsurplusandsalesptyltd wrote:

Yes, Too much information apparently.  I asked to resubmit the feedback minus the mention of the EBay INR claim but..."Computer says no"    Not to worry I just wish the crooked seller received some penalty other than a useless--  Thanks for your input.

Tim

You can leave follow up feedback if you want

Viewing and changing Feedback left for sellers | eBay

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@industrialsurplusandsalesptyltd wrote:

We received a refund, I actually know where the idiot lives.  Unhappy Ebay would not allow me advertising his deceit.

Getting the refund is the most important thing. Great outcome for you but also means the thief has gone to a lot of effort for zilch reward, which is as it should be.  I am glad you followed through for the money back.

I agree, it is a shame your feedback was deleted as these sorts of sellers are the very ones where it could be most useful for other buyers to know the details.

I guess the only thing to take from this is that you can leave a neg but you have to play by ebay's rules and there are indeed some things you can't mention.

Mind you, they won't necessarily get removed, it is not as if a real human on ebay reads them. But if you get a seller who knows those rules, they can contact ebay and ask for them to be taken off. Sounds like that is what happened to you.

I would like to see sellers who provide false tracking banned form ebay, even if only on a temporary basis.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply