EBay Protecting Bad Sellers Who Receive Negative Feedback

As professional EBay sellers for the past 20 years imagine my disappointment at Ebays actions.

We bought a $219 EV charging cable from a local seller.  He proceeded to give us two false tracking numbers and a photo of a bogus Aus Post lodgement receipt for an item he sent to NSW weighing 500g.  Our cable weighed 2.8KG. When confronted with this false and misleading info he claimed they were all simply "mistakes" and our item was definitely on its way.  We gave him 3 weeks before leaving Feedback in case the 2 day local delivery had hit a snag and somehow got lost.  After 3 weeks we left him deserved negative feedback and calmly itemised his long list of false and misleading information. It lasted 1 hour before he complained to EBay and had all our comments removed bar the Red Neg symbol.  When I phoned my  Ebay "major accounts" executive LOL he told me there was nothing he could do to allow us to resubmit the feedback...computer says no. He could not even tell me why the feedback was removed as he could read it at his end and could find no fault with it.  Thank you EBay Australia, your concern for the people who pay your wages warms the heart.  I think I'll finish setting up our company Website now.....

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

EBay Protecting Bad Sellers Who Receive Negative Feedback

Absolutely, Springy.

I actually see disputes mentioned in fb all the time because... well, I guess many sellers don't read all the rules, just as many buyers don't read rules or T&Cs. It is always rewarding to read rules. It could be for one's own benefit.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply