Ebay doesn't seem to allow the PHONE8 DickSmith discount to be applied.

crt37
Community Member

I tried to apply the PHONE8 discount code at checkout, and it says "this code can't be applied to your order".  I don't want to press Confirm and Pay as it's still the undiscounted price. Any ideas ? This is the Dick Smith promotion

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Ebay doesn't seem to allow the PHONE8 DickSmith discount to be applied.

There is a promo POWER20 and it ends on 27th SEPT

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

If you scroll down the page on the Dick Smith site it says due to high demand this phone deal blah blah will be limited quantity.

So it might be that they have all been sold out? that's why the code isn't working?

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

I got the same issue.

I tried to use the code PHONE8 for both iPhone SE and iPhone 8 Plus, it does not work.

Paypal was selected for sure. I am not sure what is going on with them.

iPhone SE and iPhone 8 Plus

iphonese.png

IPHONE8PLUS.png

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

SOLD OUT is probably why it's not working

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

I've been caught out with Dick Smith before when there was a sale on. According to the person who responds to their messages, they only allow X amount of items through at the discount rate. I had hit the buy it now button at say $399 and by the time I reached checkout 30 seconds later, it had jumped up to $799. Luckily for me it was an immediate payment item so I didn't have to go through with the sale.

I sent them a message complaining because it was still 4 hours until the sale ended. That was when they said they only let so many through at the discounted rate. As this is an eBay sale, I'm not sure if it works the same way as their own sales when I tried to purchase, because this is eBay coughing up the difference, not DS. Nothing would surprise me though.

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

I got it work in the end. It was for an iPhone 6 S plus. I think I logged out of my account and then tried again. I would have replied earlier but I actually had trouble finding the thread again, I'm not a huge community contributor. Thanks to everyone for their replies. I've not yet received it, but it's apparently on its way.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

I got it work in the end. It was for an iPhone 6 S plus. I think I logged out of my account and then tried again. I would have replied earlier but I actually had trouble finding the thread again, I'm not a huge community contributor. Thanks to everyone for their replies. I've not yet received it, but it's apparently on its way.

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply