Ebay doesn't seem to allow the PHONE8 DickSmith discount to be applied.

crt37
Community Member

I tried to apply the PHONE8 discount code at checkout, and it says "this code can't be applied to your order".  I don't want to press Confirm and Pay as it's still the undiscounted price. Any ideas ? This is the Dick Smith promotion

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Was it an iPhone 8 that you bought? Did you use capital letters with the code? I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I've always entered it how it is written.

If it was an iPhone 8 and you definitely bought from Dick Smith, you might need to ring (not email) eBay to find out what's going on. You'd have to wait until morning now as they are closed.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

If you have a very close look at the listing it isn't Dick Smith as in the Australian but it is a Chinese seller so be very wary.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

I think since Dick Smith were bought out by Kogan, most of their stuff comes from China / Hong Kong. If it's the DS site with lousy feedback, then it's the real one.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

mus7169
Community Member
I got the exactly same problem. Don't know what's going on. Guess I'm gonna call eBay.
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

mus7169
Community Member
I got the same problem with u. I'll try to call eBay later
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Are.you.both.buying.iPhone.8? It only applies to iPhone 8 and no one has mentioned if thar's what you are trying to buy.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Yep. I too, am trying to purchase the Apple iPhone 8 Plus - 64GB, but it does NOT seem to accept PHONE8. I'm **bleep** off at this, tbh.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Might be best to try and give eBay a call, or get them to call you back. 20% off a new iPhone 8 is a pretty big saving, so try and fight for it if you can. They may say to purchase and they will refund you the discount, but that can take months to actually happen. You have to keep hounding them and by that stage, you'd be ready for a new phone!

I wonder if anyone tried it last night with the 18% code. I know it's 2% less, but it still would have been a big saving.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Tippy there was a member complaining about the 18% offer not working and wanted to know if they could ring ebay and get it retrospectively.

I searched for the item and found it was also available in a store included in the 20% offer that is current.

I have to wonder if there is a general glitch (quite possible) or whether there is some way for ebay to not allow different offers to be used in any one store at the same time. (Where's my tinfoil hat when I need it?)

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply