Ebay, new auto spam.

I never receive watch notificattion because I have that pref set to 'none'. But suddenly after watching an item I receive an email telling me that there is one bid on my watched item and that I'm receiving the email because I am subscribed to recieve these types of emails.

There was an unsubscribe link, in the email as well as a link to my prefs which goes no where. I logged in to my prefs to see for myself and indeed it has not been changed and still says 'none'.

So I had to go back to the email and I was forced to click the 'unsubscribe' link. I presume this is some kind of new marketing technique because the email said there was one bid which surprised me so I checked and sure enough there was no bid at all. I hope that it is not an indication of how the new separated ebay is going to conduct business.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ebay, new auto spam.

I keep getting the what are you waiting for emaols for watched items ending soon with the unsubscibe link. My preferences are set to non also. Unsubscribe does not lead to a sign in page so dont think its phishing email. Who knows they  are getting clever, no wonder buyers are getting wary of Ebay.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I can live with the what-are-you-waiting-for/can't-find-what-you're-looking-for emails and just delete them, but now that they're sending me an email when every item in my watchlist is due to end, it's just a bit too much.  If they knew anything about marketing they'd know that to send emails to someone who has deliberately chosen not to receive them is a real turn-off and will backfire!  But that's ebay - they know very little about selling or marketing, otherwise they wouldn't try and tell me my prices are too high, my titles need more in them (they're almost maximum length now!), and all their other stupid advice!

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I think a lot of online websites that have Setting Preferences change the settings back to default occasionally so it pays to check periodically.

My PayPal decided during the change over to their 'new' look that my settings for paying for goods needed to be changed and instead of paying for items with the cash in PayPal account it changed it to paying from my Bank Account . apita.

Have now removed my Bank details as well.

Also people need to be very cautious on ebay with the "My Purchases" list . I noticed there was an item that said it was unpaid as yet but I knew for sure I had paid for it a while back  . Double checked and yes it was paid BUT I could still go through the procedure to pay .

Nice try , double dipping or at least a glitch that needs fixing.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

And now after using the unsubscribe link to get rid of watch alerts, they still keep coming..

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply