Ebay removing unfairly Neutral feed back

I purchased from a seller in the UK the listing stated priority international shoipping and had dates of 9 -15 days. So on that basis I order the item, (100gram item).

Seller  it was then sent via Global shipping,  it didn't arrive by the due day,  so I waited , then on the 25 day, I tried to open an enquiry on the Global shipping and  it said I could  not do so until the 25th, so I waited again and did it again  later got the same message  about not until the 25th , even thought it was after that day, I contected seller  seller  not very helpful, put the ball back in my court to chase up.

Eventually I got the needed item 28 days later after order.

I left neutral feed back and stated shipping was slow. Seller responded to feed back and claimed it was only 20 days  sarcastically to Australia.  This is not what his listing said which I purchased the item on.

I replied to that. Seller must have reported me to ebay as my feed back has been removed.

Is this Global shipping one of Ebays ventures of  getting into to shipping and  you are not genuinely allowed to critisise?

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Ebay removing unfairly Neutral feed back

eBay will always remove feedback for slow shipping if the GSP is used by the seller and the seller requests removal.

Surely you realise that the shipping ETA is a figure that eBay "estimates" and has no real bearing on the postal companies used.

Members are coming to the boards regularly where eBay has estimated an ETA (within Australia even) where the figure is wildly incorrect, and have had to pad out their handling time to avoid late delivery defects.. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

When you see Priority Shipping in a listing it is the GSP shipping which is very much a misnomer.....the international courier that is used is only ever paid for economy delivery.

If you leave feedback that criticises the system in any way the feedback will be removed by ebay.   Sellers like it because it gives them full tracking and insurance for their item and protects them from bad feedback.

I have recently had 2 items from the UK via the GSP and both arrived very quickly....surprisingly quickly in fact when compared to the GSP from the USA.

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

So it is misleading using the words Prioirty Shipping and giving estimates, no mention of GSP was mentioned in the listing,  as this  information can sway the descision of a buyer to purchase from that seller .  There were alternativer sellers that could have been purchased from instead.

So the seller has all the advantages and is not held accountable for misleading listing.

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

delivery estimates are invented and inserted by ebay, regardless of which buyer one buys from

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

@roverlordoffroadspares wrote:

So it is misleading using the words Prioirty Shipping and giving estimates, no mention of GSP was mentioned in the listing,  as this  information can sway the descision of a buyer to purchase from that seller .  There were alternativer sellers that could have been purchased from instead.

So the seller has all the advantages and is not held accountable for misleading listing.

The seller you purchased from does have it in their listings that it is GSP

Any GSP listing is visible above the postage cost

gsp2.JPG

It may have been removed from their fb, but it's still visible in yours - as a buyer

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

Every single one of their listings clearly states they are sending via the GSP. Even on the search page it's there. I would have thought as a long time seller you would have know that those date are from an eBay fairy story and a seller has no control over how long things take to arrive?

Most people in the know don't buy from anyone who ships with GSP because they are notorius for being slow (of course there are always exceptions). Only time it's worthwhile is if it's a large bulky item as the postage works out cheaper.

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

rover, 

I am sure you have meant to say how Ebay removed YOUR unfair f/back! Left for someone who didn't deserve it.

And aren't you glad they did - saved you from further embarrassment.

Trouble is that so many buyers use f/back as some sort of penal punishment - certainly not out of some benevolent obligation to their fellow men  "to warn them against dealing ever again with a shonky sellers"

Except - no one cares for nor reads your opinions - what did you think your bad f/back was going to achieve, except some warped gratification for yourself.

Just read the listings next time, will ya?

Ebay is as good shooping site as any - if it wasn't for  the customers! Bad f/backs at the drop of the hat, defaults issued by Ebay, too much interferrance in general.

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

Most people in the know don't buy from anyone who ships with GSP because they are notorius for being slow (of course there are always exceptions). Only time it's worthwhile is if it's a large bulky item as the postage works out cheaper.

----------------

This may be true. Probably is.

but it doesn't take away from the fact that roverlord has a point:

So it is misleading using the words Prioirty Shipping and giving estimates.....  as this  information can sway the descision of a buyer to purchase from that seller .  There were alternative sellers that could have been purchased from instead.

I realise it is ebay (to some extent) that determines the dates although from everything I have read, the sellers can opt for varying handling days to extend the estimates a little.

Most buyers would not know if GSP is good, bad or indifferent. They look at the estimates and often make a decision based around that.

Sure, if something is urgent, maybe an online purchase isn't the way to go but really, people could very well think they were safe to buy something online, thinking they would have at least 10 days' grace.

The postage time is part of the transaction & I can understand a lot of buyers might not be happy with something that is very overdue.

Okay, it may not be the fault of the seller, I understand that, but something needs fixing. Probably the ebay system.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

I agree, the wording is totally wrong. I think the only thing the word "priority" is used for is, "we will make it our priority to get it to you in the slowest possible time. Wanna complain? Too bad. We don't care, so suck it up". Or something to that effect.

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply