Ebay reporting system sucks

Today, while searching for a specific item, I came across a listing by a brand new Ebayer which, by itself, looks legit. The only thing which may raise suspicion is the price compared to other listings for the same item. However, when you take a look at the very next listing for the same item, the listing is identical, except it is by another brand new Ebayer. And this is where the reporting system sucks.

I have reported both listings as suspected fraudulent items, however as individual reports, they may be passed as ok. These items require paypal payment, and as there is no longer any way to add multiple item numbers to a report, I assume Ebay doesn't give a stuff about having to pay back money on fraudulent listings. I actually purchased this item a while ago from a different seller (along with many other buyers), and it turned out to be a fraudulent listing. After a bit of a process and some waiting time, I managed to get my payment back from Paypal. I have tried to avoid buying anything on Ebay since this experience, but now I am in need of this item (or similar), hence the search.

The system needs to be changed back to allow some comment when reporting items to clarify the reason, because although Ebay may be able to afford to lose a little from time to time on fraudulent listings, I know I can't afford to throw away hundreds of dollars and I am sure others can't either.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Ebay reporting system sucks

'suspected'.

You, of course, have facts to support your suspicions. Maybe present them to eBay.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: Ebay reporting system sucks

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply