Ebay seller out of stock on an already purchased item, want's to swap for a similar product

4bytes
Community Member

Hi all, I'm in a bit of a muddle right here and I want to gather advice so I don't mess up anything.

Last night I ordered a computer part, when I made the order there was still two left in stock according to the Ebay Listing. I got a message from the seller this afternoon that they didn't realise they were out of stock so they have offered to cancel the sale and give me a full refund or swap it with a similar product. I haven't received notification yet for a refund but I suppose I'm meant to respond to the seller at this point with what option I want to go with before anything get's rolling. 

What will happen if I offer to go for the swap of the similar product the seller is offering me? If anything goes wrong am I still protected or will Ebay be in the Sellers favor?

Or would it be safer to get the full refund first and then go & buy the other product that the seller is offering?

the majority of my EBAY purchases have gone flawlessly so when it comes to messups and what not, I'm not really sure what to do.

The computer part is a HDD, the one I ordered was a Western Digital, the similar product is a Seagate HDD, same capacity and RPM.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Ebay seller out of stock on an already purchased item, want's to swap for a similar product

I have to agree with that.....I would never go for a second hand HDD.   It could be more trouble than it is worth.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply