Endless Loop with paypal...

mar-646676
Community Member

I am having trouble processing a payment with paypal. Basically it tells me to imput my credit card info again and once i finish and click add it loads for 5 seconds then says  at the very top (Please add a debit or credit card to complete your purchase). I deleted my cookies and signed into paypal.com to update it that way as well.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I haven't experienced this issue myself, but the last week or so I've had (and seen) multiple reports of similar issues with eBay's checkout and the PayPal payment process. I suspect there is some site maintenence happening to prepare for the change in payment processors, and that is causing multiple glitches to the checkout process (it's switching from PayPal to Adyen, though I believe PayPal will still be able to be used). 

Hopefully they will be able to resolve it soon. In the meantime, it might be a good idea to check with the seller(s) to see if any of the orders and payments were actually received, as I also had a buyer contact me because they were unsure if an order was made with me, but on my side everything was normal and I received their order and payment. 

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Try this, may be it is your computer and not eBay, If NBN or ADSL turn off the computer and the router at the wall. Reboot the whole system. Run your anti-virus, such as McAfee, or Windows Defender, and do a full scan. Then clear all cookies, history and cached data.
Then turn off power for the computer and router and NBN equipment at the wall again.
After 5 minutes reboot. Then log on. Do not use Internet explorer switch to Microsoft EDGE that comes with Windows 10.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Robbo, I've noticed that you give this advice often.

Not everyone has Windows 10, so maybe the advice could be to use Edge if they have it, or otherwise Firefox or Chrome?

Just sayin'..........

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

I am just thinking  that most users have change over to Windows 10 by now, as Windows 7 finishes next February, so only 3 months to go. Sure, you can still use Windows 7 after that date but no updates and no security. Most computers sold in the last 3 or 4 years have had Windows 10 preinstalled

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Fair enough, but there are some out there that don't like, or want to use Edge.

I've read many threads where people won't use it.  They consider it too difficult.

I use it and I love it.

Just because you have Windows 10 doesn't mean you have to use Edge.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

What about Win 8? The one that postdated Win 7 (which doesn't end, just won't be supported. I used XP long after it's supposed use-by date and still would if I could). That I and probably many others use. I had Win 10, but luckily I was able to revert to 8. I much prefer my computer to act like a computer, not an overgrown phone.

The point, really, is not to use IE. Firefox and Chrome probably work as well as Edge. Which I don't use.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Windows 8?   hehe.gif

Lawdy I hated that version, and converted it to 7 asap.

Somewhat of a dinosaur Dave?   Unused to change mebbe?

I lubs Win10 and Edge.

But yes.....the point is....DON'T USE IE for ebay

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I had Win 10, but luckily I was able to revert to 8. I much prefer my computer to act like a computer, not an overgrown phone.

I had to get a desktop after my lappy carked it, and obviously it came with WIN 10, I was apprehensive about using it as I'd seen it a few times, but my computer guru put in a program that makes it look and operate like the WIN 7 that I was using.

It only took me a short while to get myself used to it after he did that, but I do use Firefox and Chrome not Edge without any problems.  

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 19
Latest reply