Fake Australian sellers

osf2005
Community Member
Maybe it's just me, but when are eBay going to do something about sellers in Asia claiming to be in Australia! If I want to be something directly from China I'll do it, but when I put the Australia only filter on and I have to check every sellers details to see if they are really Australian it's frustrating! Fraudulent and about time eBay steps up and does something...
Message 1 of 112
Latest reply
111 REPLIES 111

Re: Fake Australian sellers

All the sellers who left feedback for you this year (1 in the past month and 2 in the past 6 months) are indeed registered overseas (which you can see on their feedback page) and have items located in Australia.

Some of these sellers apparently do have warehouses here, but they are very small (big warehouses are expensive), so they cannot stock much and many products have to first arrive from overseas.

Message 111 of 112
Latest reply

Re: Fake Australian sellers

Pick up isn't often available, even for a lot of Australian sellers. It's not from many other online sales places either.

As for overnight delivery, I never get it that fast from any online sites and I buy from a lot of different places. I am not saying some express services may not be able to deliver it, just that it isn't the usual service offered on most of the things I buy. Express is usually an extra cost.

So I am not sure why you are saying wake up ebay, when most other sites are the same on those issues.

With respect to sellers listing an item as in Australia when it is not, yes, that is a bit of an issue. Maybe it depends a lot on what you are looking to buy but I rarely have trouble buying from an Australian seller. The majority of ads are accurate. It's only where you see eg a seller registered overseas, that you might question it but the delivery window is the thing to look at-is it or is it not likely to arrive in the time frame that will suit you?

It is an extra click to check seller location but worth it.

Message 112 of 112
Latest reply