Filtering by Courier service?

haav25
Community Member

Several sellers have used Aramex/Fastway/whatever it's called nowadays, and each time I've never recieved the order. I don't know if it's a seller issue or a courier issue (though I suspect the latter because of each seller's high ratings (95%+ positive)). Is there a way to search by courier service that way I don't get scammed again?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

No there is'nt

95% is garbage

How have you been scammed?

If you don't get what you paid for, you open a dispute and if the seller can't prove delivery to the address you provided, you get your money back 

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

@haav25 wrote:

Several sellers have used Aramex/Fastway/whatever it's called nowadays, and each time I've never recieved the order. I don't know if it's a seller issue or a courier issue (though I suspect the latter because of each seller's high ratings (95%+ positive)). Is there a way to search by courier service that way I don't get scammed again?

Wow,  you enjoy buying from low % sellers one has 92%,  you are asking for trouble.

Open an Item not received case.

But if it is several what does the tracking say?  Does it show as delivered?   Do they have your right address?

But please stop buying from sellers with feedback in the gutter.  Self imposed punishment

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Most cheap/drop-shipping sellers use Aramex because it allows them to keep prices low (often with free shipping, which of course is not really free, but it is cheap with Aramex).

"Standard parcel delivery" also often means Aramex, although it can also mean Australia Post. If in doubt, I always ask because I dislike Aramex too.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

95% is not high seller ratings.

It's in the toilet.

Aim for 99.5+% for high volume sellers.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I've opened cases, but ebay hasn't done anything. They close the case on their end. So no item, and no refund either (the scam).

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

First of all, no need to insult me. Secondly, 92% is still greater than 9 out of 10. So it stands to reason they should be at minimum decent. Thirdly, I've opened cases. Ebay sides with them, not me. Some of the tracking says delivered (not, item was never dropped off, have cameras at front door looking into the yard, they never dropped it off), some says its still "Consignment is being proccessed" and some haven't moved from the step after that. Lastly, you didn't answer my question. 

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Is there a way to search by courier service that way I don't get scammed again?

No

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@haav25,

Unfortunately, however misleading it may be, 92% on eBay for a high volume seller is a poor feedback score. The way in which feedback percentage is calculated is not the same way as a maths exam score is calculated. As a general rule, I wouldn't purchase from a high-volume seller whose feedback percentage score was lower than 99.5%. (I would probably take a chance from a small occasional seller whose feedback percentage was lower than that, as even one negative (deserved or not) would bring down the seller's feedback disproportionately - but it would depend on the seller's responses to feedback, where they were located, and on what sort of item listed by them I had cast my eye.)

• If you have opened an INR (Item Not Received) case when the tracking shows a "Delivered" status, you will lose the case. Every - single - time. eBay's process for refunds is very straightforward and is entirely bot-driven. That is, there is no human being whose job it is to scrutinise INR cases where the seller has proof of delivery (i.e., tracking status showing delivery); it's processed on the basis of that proof of delivery. This is clearly stated in the MBG (Money Back Guarantee) terms & conditions.
  • If you open a case for INR while the EDD (Estimated Date of Delivery) has not yet passed, then - again - your case is going nowhere. The solution for this sort of situation is for you to wait until the latest EDD has come and gone. (You should see the EDD range in your "My eBay", under Purchases.)
  • If you open a case for INR where you've purchased through the Global Shipping Program or eBay International Shipping, don't jump the gun. You need to wait while the item's delivered domestically to the warehouse/hub, and it's then prepared for international shipping... and this may not be a fast process. You should receive updates between each "leg" of the parcel's journey, but there'll be stretches of time where you may wonder if anything's moving. Again, it's really a case of waiting it through the EDD range. There's no point at all in opening a case before that time has lapsed.
  • If you purchase from sellers who use Aramex etc., and you've experienced repeated issues of non-delivery, obviously you'll want to stop this from happening again. Some of the couriers used by Sendle are harder to deal with than others, and some have poor reputations in some parts of Australia while being fine in others. (Very much a local issue, from what I understand.) I don't know what to suggest with regard to the past issues... but I'd recommend you get a free AP 24/7 Parcel Locker.
  • Perhaps also try contacting sellers before you purchase, along these lines: "Hello - I'm contacting you to ask if you send via Australia Post, rather than through Sendle. Sendle isn't appropriate for my area. I look forward to your rely. Regards, [name]."

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@haav25 wrote:

92% is still greater than 9 out of 10. So it stands to reason they should be at minimum decent. 

Lastly, you didn't answer my question. 

Well if you think that 1 bad transaction out of every 12 is a good thing,  go ahead and buy from the seller, you obviously have a low expectation.   I noticed someone suggested 99.5 is a better percentage,  but using your logic that is still 5 out of every thousand transactions will be a negative experience.    Why do you think 1 out of every 12 is acceptable

My humblest apologies for not answering your question,  the answer is No

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply