Filtering by Courier service?

haav25
Community Member

Several sellers have used Aramex/Fastway/whatever it's called nowadays, and each time I've never recieved the order. I don't know if it's a seller issue or a courier issue (though I suspect the latter because of each seller's high ratings (95%+ positive)). Is there a way to search by courier service that way I don't get scammed again?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

There's no way to filter for type of postal delivery, or not that I know of.

Ebay probably doesn't see a need for it as they have their MBG in place. Mind you, quite a few buyers grumble about various couriers and are like you & would like to avoid some.

I'm more concerned that you have opened ebay claims and lost each time.

I can understand you'd be frustrated if that has happened a few times and each time, you genuinely have not received your item.

I think the key thing is to be very careful with what sort of claim you open, when you open it and make sure that you follow through, don't just let the claim lapse.

If an item has not been delivered, and tracking is not showing it as being delivered, then you have every right to open a claim for not receiving it. Ebay should, by rights, then side with you but it may give you a date for the matter to be settled, I am not sure. If that happens, jump in and finalise that claim. If you do nothing, I think it peters out in the seller's favour.

If the ebay claim lapses and you haven't had a refund, then if you have paid via paypal, you can open a claim with them. In some cases, they will automatically refund you on the spot, without giving the seller a chance to reply. Other times, they give buyer & seller about a week to sort it out but the buyer can finalise the claim by then if no solution has been forthcoming.

As countess said, if tracking shows as delivered, or if the estimated date of arrival has not arrived yet, you're not going to win an item not received claim. Or not with ebay.

If you have tracking that shows an item has been delivered to your house and it hasn't been, maybe contact the courier directly. I had to do that a while back with an ebay purchase. Mine wasn't marked as delivered but it was not moving. It took several chats before I got anywhere, I have to say. I really had to persist, day after day but eventually I got my item. It turned out that the courier company had outsourced the delivery to another courier group but eventually there was action. Total pain though.

I understand why you think 95%+ is a good feedback score. I think a lot of other buyers think that too. Ebay encourages it as quite a few of those sellers also have a tag that says 'One of ebay's most reliable sellers who consistently gives outstanding service' blah blah blah. Words like that, anyway.

And sometimes you'll have no trouble with them. But when you buy, you need to be aware of the risks and for a big seller, they are getting a bit iffy once the score starts to fall too far.

My outlook is that not everyone gives feedback. What the % of feedback givers is I don't know but I have read of sellers on here who say it is under 70% of buyers. That was my experience too when I sold. And I think some people are definitely more inclined to give feedback if something goes wrong & just don't bother when things are okay.

So % feedback is just the cohort of people who left feedback, not necessarily the total number of buyers.

But it gives a glimpse into the likely buying experience in that if you read the negs, you can see if there is a pattern to the problems. Something that keeps cropping up. So if a score is at the 95% mark, definitely check the negs.

But back to your problem. Your best bet is to ask sellers about the delivery service they offer before you buy. Maybe explain your concern.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

So you are saying you have opened a case, followed through with it and eBay close it dues to the seller having provided tracking to show delivery?

Or do you just open a case and allow it to time out, hence eBay 'thinking' you and the seller have reached an agreement of some kind?

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

92%  is utter utter garbage 

Your question has been answered, you are just unwilling to accept factual answers 

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply