Following on from my previous thread...

Today I was able to leave feedback for the seller I have been experiencing difficulties with, and also a few others. I wonder if there was some kind of glitch that they fixed on my account that was stopping me from seeing items that needed f/b. 

I left f/b as appropriate, she responded, and I responded back. I have just received a new message via the eBay messaging system. 

How exactly should I proceed with this? She has a point, she does have my address, and I live only about 20 minutes from her. From her profile picture on facebook (which I looked up ? yesterday), she is young and has attitude. I have 5 children to protect, including one that is disabled.

She is lying even in her message to me above. I was standing in her garage when I made yet another call to her, which again went unanswered. by the time I left the last message that you can see above, I was starting to get frustrated. The scant communication I had was not enough to give me reason to believe that she would be home previously. We then communicated by text, and she said she would leave it out. I went there, and as I figured, it was another wasted trip. I messaged her asking where she had left the item, and that is when the insults and threats started coming in thick and fast.

This whole experience is appalling. If eBay does remove the feedback I left her, then there is no point in leaving feedback for anyone. How can you believe another persons lovely clean record if eBay removes negative feedback given. I note also that her false positive feedback on my page is still there despite assurances that it would be removed. They did say that it "may take up to 24 hours", which is not too far off. 

I have reported the message she sent (as above). Hopefully that is enough to allow eBay powers that be see what this seller is about.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Following on from my previous thread...

to phorum 6ft  is not that big ,you might as well put ,that he does ballet twice a week  lol.

to the buyer dont get any deeper ,just forget about the slicer , proving a point is not worth it ,if the seller could be a danger to your life.

another slicer will come your way ....

Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

Hi Joe and PJ,

I am not responding to her messages, or making any contact with her. 

Still waiting for eBay to remove the false positive. I also want the feedback I left her to remain on her account. I have sent eBay another message this morning asking for the f/b left for me to be removed.

The statement about wanting a slicer, was not about that particular one, it was more a joke Joe. I do want a slicer, and I will get one sometime soon. There are plenty of them about.

Have a great day everyone. 🙂

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

Have you RUNG eBay or just sent an email? If you've just sent an email about your false positive, they won't do anything about it as most of the time the replies are just computer generated messages. You need to RING them. Most people can get the bad feedback removed while they are on the phone. If you have no luck with the person you speak to, ring back and ask to speak to a supervisor and point out that their own policy states that you can't leave a negative comment with a positive dot.

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

to phorum   dont worry about the husband, te buyer herself could be like a good custormer i have , who we now joke about all the time . but when she came to pick up her order a few years back , she was an islander with muscles bigger than my legs ,and as i brought out her order i said I will help you take the 10 and the 4 litre heavy colored paint to your car, she looked at me as if to say [dont you think I can handle these] then she had her bag in I hand and picked up the 2 cans approx 20kg in the other hand as if she was picking up a napkin.  now when she comes in I joke to her about my forklift does not work can you move that pallet of paint for me.lol

Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

OP, I've not had to deal with anyone quite of this calibre in online sales yet (hardly ever do pick up these days)- I'm sorry you've copped a nasty one.

I agree with others here, just ignore & don't worry that she knows where you live. She sounds like she will have started fights with 6 other people since she sent that msg to you- she'll move on from you soon enough.

Personally I wouldn't go to the police with only this level of threat, but you should do whatever makes you feel secure in your own circumstances. I know it's jarring to receive a msg like that, but pls try not to worry too much- you sound like you've enough on your plate without giving time to people like this 🙂

Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

Hi Sheep, I managed to get eBay's contact number on one occasion, with another number that I needed to quote. I wish I had written it down, because it is really hard to figure out how to get to a page with the option of calling. It is always greyed out! I got a message asking if I was satisfied with the service from the time I did call. I filled that in last night, but still no response. The false positive is still on my account. I have sent multiple messages, but am getting nowhere.
Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

Messages are completely useless to contact ebay......you MUST RING to get anywhere.....and then you will probably have the false positive removed while you are on the phone.

As for finding a number to ring.....keep trying all options until you find one that will give you the option to phone ebay or have ebay phone you back.

It is a nuisance but you need that 4 digit PIN to be able to identify your account when they answer.

We used to be able to give you the number but the system has changed and we get a slap if we post "personal information" on the boards.

Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

Lyndal, I have spent ages trying all manner of options, but it does not give me the option to call. I am frustrated about it, and am figuring that I may well close my account and shop elsewhere. If it is this difficult to make contact and get help over a problem like this, then it is not an organisation that I wish to deal with.
Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

I am at a loss as to why you are having so much trouble.

I am only a buyer so have not had much cause to ring ebay.  In 10 years and over 5000 transactions (and over 12000 individual items) I have only had to ring ebay a handful of times and have never had a problem contacting them

Even now I can go to Help and Contact and find an option with a phone number in a few seconds.

I just don't get my knickers in a twist over transactions....if they go pearshaped I salvedge what I can and make sure I get as much money back as possible and move on.

Of the 2 Unpaid Item Strikes I have had, ebay removed the 1st one "as a courtesy" and the other one is so old it has faded from everyone's memory.  Neither of them should ever have been issued in the first place.

One false positive is not going to do much damage to your feedback...there are a few in my feedback if anyone wants to trawl through it.   You can always leave a followup comment if ebay will not remove it but don't rush in as it will remain if ebay removes the original feedback.   That looks far worse than the original feedback.

To be honest, you can get more help on the boards than you will get from ebay direct.  Ask your questions here and save the frustration of trying to contact ebay.

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

Thank you Lyndal. When I go to the help section, the contact and email options are greyed out. It seems no matter what I try, they remain so, and no option to call is forthcoming. With the problems I have experienced with my feedback waiting to be left not appearing and this, I wonder if deleting eBay from my computer, and then re-installing it might help. Probably worth giving it a try. If that doesn't work, I might close this account, and use our other account (my new partner's) if I decide to continue making purchases. Thanks again. 🙂

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply