GLOBAL shipping program. What a joke.

I take it from a number of posts here that others in Australia have experienced the utter frustration of dealing with the Global Shipping Program. There is absolutely nothing Global about this. I think Ebay sees the 'S' in GSP as standing for 'Suckers'. No more combined postage, no more effective tracking, and when one contacts Pitney Bowes a fob off to a FAQ site is all you'll get. My issue started when I purchased 2 items from the UK on 14 August 2019. On 19 August my items were sent but some idiot in the UK couldn't find Goolwa, South Australia in the UK. So, again on the 19 August my items were returned to the sender. That was the last time I was given any idea where my items were. A message to the seller saw a barrage of emails hit my desktop the next morning. 12 of them, yes, 12 emails for 2 items. The twelve emails repeated endlessly that my items had been returned on the 19th. By the 21st August, needing these parts now quite urgently I told the seller that I wanted to cancel the transaction and that they would escalate the issue with Ebay. I still needed the parts of course, so I ordered 2 more of them from a German seller, not on Ebay (I presume) The parts were about the same price but the shipper was going to be DHL, not the Global Sucker Program.

Not sure if my refund would also include a refund from Ebay GSP, I contacted Paypal to act on my behalf. I can only presume that they contacted someone, anyone, who knows?, because today I have another 7 messages trying to update me. I still have no idea where the items are. That's 19 messages and I'm still none the wiser. What a joke. I know most US and UK residents think the world starts and ends at their borders and shorelines and that's ok. But, if you're going to call something Global, one should first buy an atlas and realise that there's a lot more world out there.

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: GLOBAL shipping program. What a joke.

This is the link for it, courtesy of the countess in the thread i started which offers other options in the GSP process.

https://www.ebay.com/help/global-shipping-program/default/global-shipping-program?id=4646

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Global-Shipping-Program-put-into-perspective/td-p/2165256/hi...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 31 of 38
Latest reply

Thanks for that reply 4channel. The inexorable link which exists between the payment for items purchased and the payment to Pitney Bowes GSP makes it impossible to pursue a shipping charge refund without the whole situation becoming so incredibly convoluted as to render the process pointless. This is the worst experience I have had on Ebay, not enhanced by some of the abuse I received on this forum. I live and learn but if I can pass a message to any future Australian reader it is DON'T BUY FROM SELLERS WHO ONLY USE EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM. YOU'LL BE ON YOUR OWN IF THINGS GO WRONG. (There may a number of attacks on this message from Ebay bots, but I have nothing to gain. Just be warned!)
Message 32 of 38
Latest reply

@ibmfella wrote:
Thanks for that reply 4channel. The inexorable link which exists between the payment for items purchased and the payment to Pitney Bowes GSP makes it impossible to pursue a shipping charge refund without the whole situation becoming so incredibly convoluted as to render the process pointless. This is the worst experience I have had on Ebay, not enhanced by some of the abuse I received on this forum. I live and learn but if I can pass a message to any future Australian reader it is DON'T BUY FROM SELLERS WHO ONLY USE EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM. YOU'LL BE ON YOUR OWN IF THINGS GO WRONG. (There may a number of attacks on this message from Ebay bots, but I have nothing to gain. Just be warned!)

Interesting that you thank the one person who has offered absolutely NO answers/solutions/work arounds.

Message 33 of 38
Latest reply

As against you discussing the refugee crisis? There is no answer to this until Ebay clean up their act.
Message 34 of 38
Latest reply

So padi's links to previous discussions about the matter weren't deserving of acknowledgement? Shows your mindset, I suppose. You're not after solutions, just simple validation of your particular paradigm.

And it was climate change, not refugees. At least read what you are trying to disparage.

Message 35 of 38
Latest reply

Look, I pursued this ad infinitum with Pitney Bowes who, after undertaking to find a package which is no longer missing told me they don't refund and kicked me back to eBay who did no more than cloud the issue even more with ridiculous linkages and inadequate response options, lack of document upload facilities....etc. Paypal is just as useless. My particular paradigm is that eBay will continue to do as they like, and your apparent mindset is to enable just that.
Message 36 of 38
Latest reply

Climate change or refugees, it was IRRELEVANT and insulting to discussion about a genuine problem.
Message 37 of 38
Latest reply

Don't see where I offered any abuse either.    Sheesh.

Ooooh....wait......is it too late to offer some now?   

Message 38 of 38
Latest reply