GST on all imports July 2018

Yes kicks in  this July  already talking an extra added  $5 security fee !

Message 1 of 346
Latest reply
345 REPLIES 345

Re: GST on all imports July 2018

I think you are mistaking these boards for Facebook.

Latest reply

You aren't the originator of these threads. True.

You do, however, keep bumping them; never adding anything of substance to your initial complaint that it ain't fair.

Message 302 of 346
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

It won't be applied to vintage imported goods I guess?

Sadly papermoon.lady , even though you quite rightly assumed that it was to be,  that wasn't / isn't the case. We're not in a just world!

Funny how GST's arrival and privatisation of public owned assets are in the same period of time.

I guess the way around this unjust stinger is to go back to cash "well hidden" in envelope.

Himm, not to sure if this was in the same year where new laws / regulations were passed that enabled banking execs to get 50 million ddollar golden handshakes.

Bout the same time though!

Message 303 of 346
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

@papermoon.lady wrote:

Sadly papermoon.lady , even though you quite rightly assumed that it was to be,  that wasn't / isn't the case. We're not in a just world!

Funny how GST's arrival and privatisation of public owned assets are in the same period of time.

I guess the way around this unjust stinger is to go back to cash "well hidden" in envelope.

Himm, not to sure if this was in the same year where new laws / regulations were passed that enabled banking execs to get 50 million ddollar golden handshakes.

Cherry-picking 4channel ? That post of papermoon's comes from 7 months ago and 3 months before the GST was introduced....

Capture.PNG  

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 304 of 346
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@4channel wrote:

@papermoon.lady wrote:

Cherry-picking 4channel ? That post of papermoon's comes from 7 months ago and 3 months before the GST was introduced....

Capture.PNG  

Hi Padi, no not at all. I like reading posts and comments by papermoon lady as she brings up good questions, makes remarks that are good to reply to. Gosh, I honestly didn't know her comment was from March. I thought that it was within the last 2 weeks. I was just skimming though and saw (It won't be applied to vintage imported goods I guess?) what she wrote. Actually that is what a lot of people would have thought too.

Message 305 of 346
Latest reply

You're back,thought you said you were out of here?

And again you're bring up that there are bullies on here and again I'll say put up or shut up.

Now you also said that I'm a pest and I asked you to tell me what kind,are ya gona tell me or not?  hahahahahha

Message 306 of 346
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

You're back,thought you said you were out of here?

And again you're bring up that there are bullies on here and again I'll say put up or shut up.

Now you also said that I'm a pest and I asked you to tell me what kind,are ya gona tell me or not?  hahahahahha

LOL, you do pop up at the most strange of times. Citronella coils, now where are they??

Don't mind you actually. You're not a mozzie. More of a moth that gets atracted to the light. Hope you don't land in my beer. Then you'll be a real pest.

Message 307 of 346
Latest reply

tsangep
Community Member
Its not made clear. I just bought somthing and found out by surprise
Message 308 of 346
Latest reply

What stone have you been living under?

The addition of the GST on everseas purchases has been in force since July and is well documented on ebay.

Message 309 of 346
Latest reply

@tsangep wrote:
Its not made clear. I just bought somthing and found out by surprise

Hi there. welcome to the board.. I hear you tsangep , and it can be quite a nasty surprise. Totaly unfair when quite often we buy stuff from an ordinary joe seller, selling off their unwanted items and we get stung with an extra 10%. It soon adds up.

And at our expense! Smiley Frustrated

Message 310 of 346
Latest reply