Has anyone seen this weird tracking information.

Purchased iPhone on 4th Oct 22 the information tells me it was posted on 6th Sept 22, impossible hey, how could it be posted before i even paid for it, or even entered a bid. Also Pitney Bowes as part of Ebay Global Shipping Program says they are still preparing to ship after 12 days, as I went direct to their site.

On top of that, there is two tracking numbers. I suspect scam.

See supplied screenshot. Parts of tracking numbers and order numbers have been redacted.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hmmm, the seller had no feedback as seller. The tracking is weird. It might indeed be a scam.

The tracking does not work anywhere...

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Could be a hijacked account 

Very suss whichever way you look at it 

And the blurb about paying a certain way and they will reduce the price and to message them

Nope nope nope nope

scammy as can be

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I'm concerned about why people feel they need to purchase such expensive items from overseas when you have no idea if they are knockoffs etc. 

Most items on Ebay have no warranty. Even if the phone is genuine, Apple may not cover it if things go wrong.

The description alone is a massive red flag!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Apart from everything else that has already been said, Pitney Bowes often removes almost all packaging/protection, so even assuming (although sadly I don't believe so) that the seller is not a scammer and that the item is genuine and in good order, the phone might arrive smashed... Hopefully not, but better safe than sorry.

Edit: I just looked that phone up and it is about the same price in Australia considering how much you paid for postage + import charges?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Anyway, if there is a problem, open a case, and if you need help, come here.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply