Have you heard of this list?

Had a seller respond to me when I asked if they would be relisting an item that did not sell at auction and if they did would they do it as a buy it now...their reply was.....

"No, as you are on the list of eBay "nuisance buyers" who waste sellers time without buying anything."

Does anybody know of such a list?

I admit I ask a lot of questions...always have and always will...as sometimes descriptions may not be that detailed and sadly I am one of these people who needs to know somethings about an item...and sometimes it just happens to be not to my liking and I then don't bid or buy.

It appears some sellers don't believe in good old fashioned customer service and I have found myself blocked from some sellers just for this reason.

Right? or wrong?

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: Strangest reason for being blocked

Message 21 of 48
Latest reply

Questions don't always help - had a buyer send a question two days ago, asking about a particular article in a magazine I was selling.

I responded, she bid, won the item, and paid yesterday via Bank Deposit.

Today, she wants to cancel the transaction, as she believes that she already has the article in question...

Message 22 of 48
Latest reply

Tell her "Too late, already posted"

Message 23 of 48
Latest reply

Contacted a seller in the UK who had a "Buy it now" as "may not post to Australia, he replied & quoted for post overseas, then after I asked if the was a cheaper option, he decided he wouldn't post overseas. Then blocked me and reported me to ebay.

The two reasons he gave were: 

1) I asked to many questions about postage and he thought I was not a serious buyer.

2) That my questions actually woke him up twice?

Why list items on ebay which is a 24 hour a day worldwide business, it does not just operate on standard hours in UK time only.

Quite funny actually just thought I would share this one.

Message 24 of 48
Latest reply

@onecooljazzdogwrote:

Contacted a seller in the UK who had a "Buy it now" as "may not post to Australia, he replied & quoted for post overseas, then after I asked if the was a cheaper option, he decided he wouldn't post overseas. Then blocked me and reported me to ebay.

The two reasons he gave were: 

1) I asked to many questions about postage and he thought I was not a serious buyer.

2) That my questions actually woke him up twice?

Why list items on ebay which is a 24 hour a day worldwide business, it does not just operate on standard hours in UK time only.

Quite funny actually just thought I would share this one.

Apart from dragging up a 3 year old thread, do you honestly expect sellers to be on their computers 24/7 so that they can answer your question immediately????? Surely you could at least message them during UK daylight/business hours, although the seller if they don't want to be woken up by message alerts, should switch off their computer/phone.

As to the first part of the post, it's up to the seller how they want to post to protect themselves, they do not have to bow to your postage requirements at all.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 25 of 48
Latest reply

Seller should turn his phone off overnight.  

Happy anniversary.

Almost 3 years to the day since you started this thread.

*note to self - type faster................

Message 26 of 48
Latest reply

I was not expecting them to reply straight away, never would...what a stupid thing to say.

And why should I in Australia wait to send a message a seller in the UK when they are are awake and I should be asleep.

I don't, like the seller in question have a night time romance with my phone that I have to sleep with it or even have it with 24/7.

Message 27 of 48
Latest reply

Almost 3 years to the day since you started this thread.

I was just recycling 🙂

Message 28 of 48
Latest reply

@onecooljazzdogwrote:

I was not expecting them to reply straight away, never would...what a stupid thing to say.

And why should I in Australia wait to send a message a seller in the UK when they are are awake and I should be asleep.

I don't, like the seller in question have a night time romance with my phone that I have to sleep with it or even have it with 24/7.

Cherry-picking my answer????? As Stawks also said, they would be wise to turn off their phone/computer if they don'e want to be disturbed.

"Apart from dragging up a 3 year old thread, do you honestly expect sellers to be on their computers 24/7 so that they can answer your question immediately????? Surely you could at least message them during UK daylight/business hours, although the seller if they don't want to be woken up by message alerts, should switch off their computer/phone."

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 29 of 48
Latest reply

I've always begun a query with 'I am interested in this item...'  and it's the truth.  I don't ask if I'm not interested.

The only problem with asking questions is some sellers ARE irritated by it and I get rude reples sometimes, or none at all.  If they don't make a sale they have only themselves to blame, because what I've noticed is that sellers are providing less and less information in their listings.  It is so frustrating for buyers.

eBay seems to be full of a lot of very indifferent sellers these days, drat it.

Message 30 of 48
Latest reply