Help please...

Hi all,

I have "purchased" an item. I have maintained polite contact with the seller. It is a pick up item. I  was flooded in the week it sold. The next week I was at the hospital with my son. I explained this to the seller. I recently made arrangements to pick up, (which was not easily accomplished with this seller) and then the seller opened an unpaid claim.

I have made attempts to pick up, and maintained contact all along via text, letting her know what is happening. The sellers communication has been extremely poor, and her phone has not once been answered. The seller has become extremely rude, swearing, and giving insults. The seller has previous negative feedback about poor communication.

The seller has now informed Ebay that I HAVE paid, even though I have not. She then put false positive feedback on my profile. I have not been rude to her. Other feedback received by me is a true indication of my personality and dealings with people. I am now not able to leave honest feedback for her as the item has disappeared. 

I have not managed to get in contact with ebay, as the phone/email is greyed out and I can't contact them. All of the options for reporting that I can find are not suitable to this situation. 

I previously had another account with my ex-husband which was closed for obvious reasons, but it had nothing but positive feedback received and given. Just recently I had another problem with a seller who refused to sell, and made all sorts of excuses. She was unhappy with the sale price (.99c) for a very expensive item. I left appropriate negative feedback, because I figured if I don't, then nothing separates the many good, honest sellers from the ones who are causing damage for good sellers.

Her insults via text include calling me a "pathetic waste of a life", a "selfish **bleep**", a "slack ass", a "nasty time-waster", a "fukn rude **bleep**". 

How best do I proceed with this situation?

Thank you in advance for any advice offered. I appreciate the time you take 🙂

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Help please...

Hi all,

I have finally managed to get in contact with eBay. The false negative will be removed. The seller is going to be spoken to/approached regarding the rudeness and swearing. It was stated that it will be reported on further. 

I will not be able to leave feedback for her, but at least a few people are aware of her dodgy behaviour, and I imagine you won't be looking to purchase from her any time soon. 

Is there any way I can block her so that her listings do not show on my searches for items to purchase? I understand sellers can block buyers, but I wonder if this can be done in reverse?

I am not going to resort to sending burly men as suggested earlier. LOL 

Thank you to everyone who had something positive and useful to say. Your help is really appreciated. 

View solution in original post

Message 27 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Help please...

first of all why did you not pay , the trouble is , even though your complaints are true ,sellers get these excuses all the time . but now just cancil the order or forget about it,this seller sounds pretty hard to get on with

Message 2 of 38
Latest reply

Help please...

first of all why did you not pay , the trouble is , even though your complaints are true ,sellers get these excuses all the time . but now just cancil the order or forget about it,this seller sounds pretty hard to get on with.

Message 3 of 38
Latest reply

Help please...

I did not pay because the seller wanted cash on pick up. The flooding was all over the news. The seller had my address and I am in a suburb that was badly affected by flooding. If she was unsure, she could have looked up my address and seen that it was flooded. I called offering for a friend to pick up instead of me while my son was in hospital, but got no response. I called many times, only to get no answer, or reply to the messages I sent. I had her address and indicated that I would pick up, she did not leave the item out as agreed.

Message 4 of 38
Latest reply

Help please...

Just a few thoughts

.   although it was probably convenient at the time, it is not a good idea to "text" messages rather than use the ebay messaging system.   If a situation like this arises, ebay needs to see the communication.

.   no I would not pay, you do not have to pay onlne for a pickup item, and it looks like the seller has given up on you anyway (very rudely too)

.   I would contact ebay to have the seller's remark removed - sellers are not permitted to leave "false Positive" remarks.

.  do not reply rudely or in fact at all - it will only escalate the problem.   

Message 5 of 38
Latest reply

Help please...

I have done all I can to arrange pick up. If you view the rest of the feedback I have received, you will see that I pick up promptly, communicate well, and am polite. Cancelling the sale does not protect the next unwitting buyer. I would rather be able to leave honest feedback, and have the decent sellers who do the right thing get the sales. I want to buy from decent honest sellers. If we all just "forget about it", and appropriate feedback is not left in these instances then the feedback system is a complete joke, and not at all what it is designed for. Good sellers should be recognised above other less appropriate ones. (and that is putting it politely)
Message 6 of 38
Latest reply

Help please...

@joethenuts wrote:

first of all why did you not pay , the trouble is , even though your complaints are true ,sellers get these excuses all the time . but now just cancil the order or forget about it,this seller sounds pretty hard to get on with.

joe the item in question is a pick-up item so it is always best to pay cash on pick-up and not by Paypal since there is no buyer or seller protection through Paypal for it.

Also the buyer cannot cancel the transaction, the seller has to send a mutual cancellation form and the buyer has to agree to it, which in this case is highly doubtful because of the very poor communication by the seller.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 38
Latest reply

Help please...

hi isten to curraone        advice , sellers cant force you to pay on collect , but now forget about it.

Message 8 of 38
Latest reply

Help please...

Thank you curraone. I used texting, as an extra means to elicit a response. Her communication was very poor. I did not pay. The seller has told eBay that I did. Why?, I do not know. I am guessing so that she can leave me the false positive feedback, and avoid me being able to leave her feedback. I will not reply to the nastiness coming from her. There is no rationalising with the irrational. The seller knew that I was coming today to pick up, and did not leave the item out. Instead she chose to open a claim yesterday, after we had already made arrangements for me to pick up.
Message 9 of 38
Latest reply

Help please...

correct padi cash is better  but if she was having problems picking it up and she realy wanted the object ,paypaling could of been a better choice , by paying she still has protection from ebay ,even picking it up she does not have to except it if its not as discribed.

Message 10 of 38
Latest reply