Help please...

Hi all,

I have "purchased" an item. I have maintained polite contact with the seller. It is a pick up item. I  was flooded in the week it sold. The next week I was at the hospital with my son. I explained this to the seller. I recently made arrangements to pick up, (which was not easily accomplished with this seller) and then the seller opened an unpaid claim.

I have made attempts to pick up, and maintained contact all along via text, letting her know what is happening. The sellers communication has been extremely poor, and her phone has not once been answered. The seller has become extremely rude, swearing, and giving insults. The seller has previous negative feedback about poor communication.

The seller has now informed Ebay that I HAVE paid, even though I have not. She then put false positive feedback on my profile. I have not been rude to her. Other feedback received by me is a true indication of my personality and dealings with people. I am now not able to leave honest feedback for her as the item has disappeared. 

I have not managed to get in contact with ebay, as the phone/email is greyed out and I can't contact them. All of the options for reporting that I can find are not suitable to this situation. 

I previously had another account with my ex-husband which was closed for obvious reasons, but it had nothing but positive feedback received and given. Just recently I had another problem with a seller who refused to sell, and made all sorts of excuses. She was unhappy with the sale price (.99c) for a very expensive item. I left appropriate negative feedback, because I figured if I don't, then nothing separates the many good, honest sellers from the ones who are causing damage for good sellers.

Her insults via text include calling me a "pathetic waste of a life", a "selfish **bleep**", a "slack ass", a "nasty time-waster", a "fukn rude **bleep**". 

How best do I proceed with this situation?

Thank you in advance for any advice offered. I appreciate the time you take 🙂

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Help please...

@onabudget$ wrote:
Thank you curraone. I used texting, as an extra means to elicit a response. Her communication was very poor. I did not pay. The seller has told eBay that I did. Why?, I do not know. I am guessing so that she can leave me the false positive feedback, and avoid me being able to leave her feedback. I will not reply to the nastiness coming from her. There is no rationalising with the irrational. The seller knew that I was coming today to pick up, and did not leave the item out. Instead she chose to open a claim yesterday, after we had already made arrangements for me to pick up.

You should still be able to leave feedback for the seller, the only time you wouldn't would be if the seller opened an NPB dispute against you which can't happen since they've marked the item as paid for, and even if they did try an NPB dispute they'd probably lose as it was a pick-up item.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 21 of 38
Latest reply

Help please...

@imastawka wrote:

Unless everyone is on the moral outrage bus,  did ya all miss this bit in the op?

She was unhappy with the sale price (.99c) for a very expensive item.

99cents people!!   Move on.  It's done

Have the fb removed by ebay with the report button and let it go

According to the listing it sold for the start price of $10.00. The seller has relisted so is obviously not planning on handing it over any time soon, so I agree that the OP should just move on. Not much can be done now except get the false positive removed. Hopefully the seller will get a violation slap for that.

Message 22 of 38
Latest reply

Help please...

Hi Outback blends. The arrangement was for me to leave payment in an envelope ($10), in the same place as the seller was to leave the item. If an item can be left somewhere safely, then so can payment. In past instances like this, I have slipped an envelope with cash under the seller's door, or in a locked letter box. In this instance, the seller did not leave the item out, even though they knew I was coming to collect and pay.
Message 23 of 38
Latest reply

Help please...

Hi foxette, Great to see you are still about. We used to communicate a bit when I lived in Qld. I had a different account back then, but closed it when I separated from my ex. I have only ever purchased on Ebay. You were always a great help back then with my "newcomer" questions as I learnt the basics. Thank you again for your wisdom. Jen 🙂 ps. where is the report link to report the feedback?
Message 24 of 38
Latest reply

Help please...

Please read and understand a post prior to making a negative comment. It was not a 99c item. The point is not about the amount of the purchase. The point is that the seller has managed to leave me false negative feedback and I am not able to leave any feedback at all. The whole point of feedback is so that good sellers shine, and buyers are forewarned about lousy sellers. Obviously you consider this "moral outrage". I must disagree. I am not angry, nor outraged. I would like however for the feedback to accurately represent what has transpired so that other buyers are not left in the same position as I am. I am not looking for an argument, but with regard to ".99c people, move on...." I do not believe this is a fair comment. When you list an item for auction with a starting price of .99 with no reserve. and the item sells for .99, this is no different to if it sold for $1000. The seller should sell. In that instance, the seller made all manner of excuses, told a bunch of lies and ultimately cancelled the sale, claiming in her messaging that the listing breached eBay's policy. On discussing with eBay (I did manage to contact them then), I was informed that it in no way breached the policy. For eBay to prosper as a reliable and useful method of making purchases, the feedback system needs to work for the common good of sellers and buyers.
Message 25 of 38
Latest reply

Help please...

Hi padi, It is my belief that the seller knows the "system" well, and has done this before. Two days ago (after we arranged pick up), she filed a NPD. Today, when I was due to pick the item up, she left me false positive feedback, and then informed eBay that I have paid. This must close the dispute, leaving me unable to leave feedback for her. It is my belief that she has done this to be nasty to me, and to prevent me from leaving honest feedback for her. I looked up her facebook page, and it was very telling in terms of her personality and outlook on life.
Message 26 of 38
Latest reply

Help please...

Hi all,

I have finally managed to get in contact with eBay. The false negative will be removed. The seller is going to be spoken to/approached regarding the rudeness and swearing. It was stated that it will be reported on further. 

I will not be able to leave feedback for her, but at least a few people are aware of her dodgy behaviour, and I imagine you won't be looking to purchase from her any time soon. 

Is there any way I can block her so that her listings do not show on my searches for items to purchase? I understand sellers can block buyers, but I wonder if this can be done in reverse?

I am not going to resort to sending burly men as suggested earlier. LOL 

Thank you to everyone who had something positive and useful to say. Your help is really appreciated. 

Message 27 of 38
Latest reply

Help please...

@onabudget$ wrote:
Hi padi, It is my belief that the seller knows the "system" well, and has done this before. Two days ago (after we arranged pick up), she filed a NPD. Today, when I was due to pick the item up, she left me false positive feedback, and then informed eBay that I have paid. This must close the dispute, leaving me unable to leave feedback for her. It is my belief that she has done this to be nasty to me, and to prevent me from leaving honest feedback for her. I looked up her facebook page, and it was very telling in terms of her personality and outlook on life.

Closing the dispute manually saying the buyer has paid, implies that the item has in face been paid for. Therefore, in eBay's eyes, the transaction has gone through.

Yes, it closes the dispute because she has said she has been paid. Therefore, she pays the FVF's on that transaction, which is about 99c.

Closing the dispute by saying the buyer has paid does NOT prevent the buyer from leaving feedback. The only way you would be prevented from leaving feedback is if she closed the dispute after 4 days and says that you have not paid. As far as eBay's systems are concerned, you've paid, therefore you should be able to leave feedback.

It is less than 60 days since purchase so the option should be there. I am not sure why you can't. If you have the eBay app on your phone, you could try leaving it that way as it seems to have less restrictions. The seller can't block you from leaving feedback if you've "paid" for the item, which she is saying you've done by closing the dispute.

The only way she can prevent you from leaving feedback is by closing the unpaid dispute and saying you haven't paid.

Message 28 of 38
Latest reply

Help please...

Thank you for your response. 🙂 I have spoken directly with eBay staff who have advised that I am not able to leave feedback for her. The listing no longer appears anywhere in my buying lists, nor does it show in purchased items. There seems to be a loophole. I am trying to download an eBay app onto my phone, but it would appear that technology is not my forte. I will keep working on it and let you know if I have any luck once I manage to figure out how to get eBay on my phone. (Samsung Galaxy IV). Cheers, Jenn
Message 29 of 38
Latest reply

Help please...

If it has disappeared completely that would indicate that ebay has removed it.

I looked for the item when one of the posters mentioned that it was relisted but it was gone then.

The only other reason that you would not be able to leave feedback was if the seller had opened an Unpaid Item dispute against you and issued you with a strike.

Message 30 of 38
Latest reply