How To Contact Ebay

Hi. I bought something which wasn't as advertised. It was marked no return, but I contacted the seller who is okay to refund, but i can't submit a return request because of the no return status. He said to contact ebay who'll sort it, but how?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

How To Contact Ebay

Either of those should have worked, so it could be a technical glitch. First things to try is

clearing cache and cookies and restarting the computer ;

Trying a different browser; 

If you are using the app, try on the actual website, not the app!

Trying a different device (if you have access to one), using the website not the app.

If these standard 'fixes' don't work try the eBay contact page during business hours. Pick whichever topic you feel is closest( refunds and returns maybe?) . You will need to tell the bot you want to speak to a human agent

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/call_us?type=ContactUs&topicId=4000

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

How To Contact Ebay

"No returns" only refers to change of mind returns. If the item is not as described than you should be able to submit a return request ( make sure you are using a not as described reason!) I think these days a not as described return required at least one photo to be uploaded before the submit button becomes active.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

How To Contact Ebay

Just open a Item not as Described Case,  dont do as the seller says, they are just trying to get you to time on on the 30 day window.

Open the Case now, and don't close it no matter what the seller says.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

How To Contact Ebay

Do you mean 'doesn't match description or photos' ? Because neither that nor 'received wrong item' allow me to continue (greyed out box), not even with photos

For me this was quite expensive, and would have preferred a reimbursement before stumping for postage again

I really don't want this thing, I want it out of my life, I want never to have to think about it again

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

How To Contact Ebay

Either of those should have worked, so it could be a technical glitch. First things to try is

clearing cache and cookies and restarting the computer ;

Trying a different browser; 

If you are using the app, try on the actual website, not the app!

Trying a different device (if you have access to one), using the website not the app.

If these standard 'fixes' don't work try the eBay contact page during business hours. Pick whichever topic you feel is closest( refunds and returns maybe?) . You will need to tell the bot you want to speak to a human agent

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/call_us?type=ContactUs&topicId=4000

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

How To Contact Ebay

thanks everyone. Think it's been worked out now. the assistant performed a return request at his end

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply