How can we get eBay sellers to stop using the atrocious ,dishonest, unreliable ,Fastway couriers

How can we get eBay sellers to stop using the atrocious ,dishonest, unreliable ,serial BS artists,Fastway couriers ?

They must be the worst courier company on the planet . See some of their reviews at the link below

https://www.productreview.com.au/p/fastway.html

Just about every time a parcel is sent to me using Fastway I have major trouble getting it resulting in endless time spent on emails to sellers disputing Fastways BS tracking reports about trying and failing to deliver items or sometimes worse still say they have been delivered whan they haven't . And every time a parcel is overdue I check back and sure enough it is in the hands of Fastway Couriers .

Are others having the same trouble with this  company or do they just hate me ?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

How can we get eBay sellers to stop using the atrocious ,dishonest, unreliable ,Fastway couriers

I assume you are not in the AP network. Otherwise buy from sellers who use AP.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

I have been using Fastway Couriers for over 12 years with my business and never had a problem. I never used them for my Ebay sales as they need to have someone at home to receive the item needing to be delivered. They will not leave a parcel on your doorstep. Have used Australia Post for the same time to customers who are not in Fastway's delivery areas and also have never had a problem with AP. 

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

You can't stop Sellers from using them. You can however, ask a Seller if they would send by some other method, or you can simply shop somewhere else.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Only buy from sellers who use a service you approve of

Otherwise nobody would be sending anything

Other buyers prolly have the same thoughts on Australia Post/ every other courier service/ click & collect etc etc etc

Issues with delivery problems are not unique to any carrier 

(really, take one out of the picture thus putting more 'pressure' on remaining services is unlikely to improve any of them)

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

@juliejaffa74 wrote:

I have been using Fastway Couriers for over 12 years with my business and never had a problem. I never used them for my Ebay sales as they need to have someone at home to receive the item needing to be delivered. They will not leave a parcel on your doorstep. Have used Australia Post for the same time to customers who are not in Fastway's delivery areas and also have never had a problem with AP. 

Actually Fastway will safe drop if the sender allows it.

I regularly get a delivery from a medical supplies business in Queensland....I order on Sunday evening and put the safe drop instructions on the delivery instructions.  I get the parcel about mid morning on Tuesday.   It has been that way for about 4 years now.

I am no lover of Fastway and know what a terrible reputation they have in the industry but credit where credit is due....

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

I'm actually astounded that I had a pleasant experience with a Fastway delivery this week.

delivery.gif

He came to the door and even rang the bell.

It was delivered a week before the estimated due date.

Never happened before.

I wouldn't have bought it had I known it was being delivered by Fastway, but there ya go.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

If by AP you mean Australia Post then may I say while they don't often lose items they are expert  at breaking them.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

If by AP you mean Australia Post then may I say while they don't often lose items they are quite good   at breaking them.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

We have had various couriers including  Fastway I think, with no big problems so far, touch wood.

But I know that isn't the case for everyone.

I did notice however that you put up a link to product review. Love the site & do use it regularly, to read & contribute. But one thing I think needs to be realised & that is that some people only ever write a review when they are extremely unhappy or upset about   something. It takes a lot more effort than merely giving feedback on ebay & even with that, a lot of satisfied customers don't bother.

That sort of thing won't apply to a lot of people on this forum as we all don't mind writing but for some others, it is like pulling teeth. Even though I often contribute (good & bad) to product review, for instance, I have never thought to write a review for a courier, though I definitely would if I ran into major problems with any of them.

I would imagine if a seller ran into constant problems with any particular courier-lots of complaints from customers etc, they would most likely try to change companies if possible.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply