How do I provide comment/ negative feedback about the product I have bought on ebay recently?

Never again!!!

I have bought an ecxesise bike on ebay recently and would like to give a warning to the people may be the same as me who is not a regular eBay use - NEWER AGAIN!!! People do not use this terrible option to buy here to avoid a get huge disappointment, including terrible quality of the products for sale.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

How do I provide comment/ negative feedback about the product I have bought on ebay recently?

Was it a cheap price ?

Buy cheap, get cheap. 

That's always been the logic.

You only get what you pay for.

Quality excercise bikes sell for around 300 - 700 so if you paid between this amount you should have a quality product and need to contact the seller to see what they will do to assist.

image host
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

There is really no need to shout at us.  We are not eBay here, only members like yourself.  People who give up their time to try to help others by giving their advice or opinions.

eBay is only a platform for bringing Buyers and Sellers together. eBay does not sell items, and they are not responsible for who you choose to buy from, it is "Buyer beware" in any marketplace. eBay also has protections in place if you do not receive what you expected. If you bought something out of the Trading Post would you blame them if you were not happy with the item?

eBay is a wonderful place to buy and sell if you use some commonsense. You are going to blame eBay for your one bad experience?? eBay did not sell you the item, it was an individual Seller.  You need to check out the Seller before you buy, look at their feedback. If the price is too good to be true, then it usually is.  Sellers on eBay have rules they have to abide by, suggest you contact them (eBay)

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Is this the Seller who has 18 negative feedbacks and 21 neutral feedbacks in the last 12 months?  Did you not read all the warnings from other buyers, and the number of people complaining about things not working?  You chose to buy anyway? And now it is eBay's fault?

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

and in China????

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Did you read all the warnings already there? 

Many signs to to say stay away but you still bought from them 

An exercise bike is not something you want to buy โ€˜on the cheapโ€™ from a seller in China who has terrible feedback

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

In order to provide feedback you go to My eBay, My eBay Summary and scroll down to Orders. On the right, there is a Leave Feedback button. You have 60 days since you bought the item to provide feedback.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

Is this the Seller who has 18 negative feedbacks and 21 neutral feedbacks in the last 12 months?  Did you not read all the warnings from other buyers, and the number of people complaining about things not working?  You chose to buy anyway? And now it is eBay's fault?

True, but 99.5% positive feedback is not terribly bad for a seller located in China...

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

True, papermoon.lady.

That's where the length of trading time for this ID (06-Jan-17 in China) and overall numbers comes into play, as well as the type of item sold. For instance, if it's the sort of thing where the buyer is likely to give positive feedback upon receiving the item, based pretty much upon its appearance, then a seller will tend to have a higher feedback score than they deserve based upon the actual time-tested quality of the item.

The original item (Exercise Bike-Training Bicycle Fitness Pedal Cycling Machine Cardio Aerobic Home) had 27 sold. Brand: HotRose. Price: $89.99. Listing states that the item is in Sydney. (Item location misrepresentation, probably, unless this seller uses a logistics warehouse in Sydney, having shipped over multiples of such items by container).

Negative feedback ratingThe bike is the worst product ive bought off ebay. Dont waste your money     Buyer: l***e ( 61Blue star icon for feedback score in between 50 to 99)

But in contrast, another buyer left positive feedback for this bike, based purely (so far as I can see) upon the low price!

Positive feedback ratinggood value       Buyer: c***n ( 364Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)

Others were pleased with the bike at the time of leaving feedback (although I wonder how happy they are now, after having used the bike for a few months).

Positive feedback ratinggood quality,very happy       Buyer: o***n ( 84Blue star icon for feedback score in between 50 to 99)

Positive feedback ratingAs described       Buyer:a***9 ( 38Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49)

Positive feedback ratingNot that sturdy, instructions not in English but great for the price.       Buyer: s***a ( 42Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49)

Positive feedback ratingItem works as advertised. Quality is okay for the money.       Buyer :o***g ( 349Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)

As said, for this sort of price a buyer cannot expect to get a decent exercise bike. The materials are going to be sub-standard; the likelihood is that the bikes will break down, collapse, etc., and there's no warranty.

Buyers who continue to buy items that they know cannot possibly be decent quality are contributing to the problems on eBay. Every time someone buys something that's "too good to be true" or "really low price because they've cut out the middleman", it's perpetuating this sort of thrusting sub-standard items onto Australian buyers. By the time the item fails, most buyers may believe there is no remedy; it's probably too late to leave accurate feedback; many buyers may not know that they can leave a follow-up to their feedback months later (although much good that does!); and generally all of that artificially inflates the feedback score of the seller.

That's why I always look at feedback scores in context of a number of factors. I'm sure others do the same thing.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

99.5 % is very terrible from a seller in China lol because they would probably have thousands of sales therefor maybe hundreds of negative feedback.

To me anything over 5 negatives is bad.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply