Seller using false location HELP!

Hello,

I recently bought an item from ebay and the seller said the item was from Sydney, Australia and because of that it was about 30-50% more expensive than if it was coming from China and I was okay with that since I needed it in a timely fashion. And now I read the sellers feedback and come to find out that the items are actually coming from China and that it'll take much longer than I initially expected. This is false advertising and a waste of money, what can I do in this situation? I already e-mailed ebay support but I have no yet received a reply. Not only that but I was provided with no tracking number so I have no clue when and if it'll come. Very disappointed that eBay allows people to be manipulated like this.

Please reply with any information that can be of use, thanks.

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Hi have read on the forums some chinese sellers send items from warehouses located in Australia, so out of curiosity bought a item that my wife wanted from a Chinese seller, item location stated Sydney also, lo and behold package turned up a few days later and indeed was posted from Sydney, so the item location in this case was correct despite the seller being located in China.

Message 2 of 49
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You don't know for sure yet.  Don't panic

If you've bought it, then you should be able to tell if it's coming from China

by looking at the estimated delivery date in your purchase history.

If it's estimated to be about a week then it's local.

Six weeks, and it's coming from China

Message 3 of 49
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I realise you are new to ebay but the whole idea of researching feedback BEFORE you buy is to avoid this very situation.

Emailing ebay is a complete waste of time....you will wait forever for an answer.

In this case, just use the Report This Listing link on the particular listing and report the seller for Location Misrepresentation.

Depending on how recently you bought the item and the seller's handling time it is possible the item has not even been posted yet.

Can you post the item number here and someone will have a look for you.

Message 4 of 49
Latest reply

Well, the user is based in china, all negative and neutral feedback says they ship from China. I could've bought the same item from China for much less.
Message 6 of 49
Latest reply

Well according to the feedback that the seller has I don't think that would be true.
Message 7 of 49
Latest reply

Hmm interesting as postage states Couriers please , and if that is the case can only be coming from Australia.

Message 8 of 49
Latest reply

A sLyndal said the time to read feedback is before you buy, not after. The seller has had nearly 500 unhappy buyers in the last year and that is just those who bothered to leave feedback, For future reference most experienced members will avoid a high volume seller with feedback less than 99.5%, your had 98.1%.

It is not unusual for items situated in Australia to take 2 weeks to arrive so I would give it at least that long and then if the seller has not provided you with a tracking number open an item not received case through Paypal (don't do it through ebay, they are best for item not as described) and escalate to a claim after a coupple of days if the seller still does not provide a valid tracking number.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 49
Latest reply

You bought the item at 8pm last night.

Be a bit reasonable!!

The seller is using Couriers Please which indicates that the item is located in Australia.  It is doubtful if it has actually been picked up by the couriers....it may have been packed and the booking made.  Until the item is picked up there is no tracking number to give you.

Just be patient for a few days.  You may well find you will receive it early next week.

Message 10 of 49
Latest reply